Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Pinch/Sunday Funnies


So here are the results for our 50th Pause Ponder and Pun caption contest.  I'm so excited I got a little head start on our *hic* celebrating. I used to drink "50" in my youth, in the days before Canadian breweries had long-neck bottles. These beers came in "stubbies". Okay, enough with the history lesson - and the nasty diminutive sexual innuendos. Let's see what our captioners brewed up this week...

Tgoette "gave" us:

"Aww, you have a tattoo of a kitten behind your ear! That's so gangsta!:


Moooooog made his "presents" known with:

..and then Tyra pulled off the mask to reveal that 50 Cent has been Carrot Top all along.


Whitey - you all remember my older brother Whitey - "gifted" us with:

50 Cent's stock plummets when Tyra pulls a quarter from his ear.


Newcomer ♥ Vicki ♥ "unwrapped" this one:

"Wow, 50, that's a pimpin' pimple you got there!"


But it was Renal Failure who "blew out the candles" with:


Tyra's failed attempt at the Vulcan Nerve Pinch has some unexpected results. She'll have to throw that couch out now.

Way to go R.F. You be the winner of the 50th anniversary edition of Pause Ponder and Pun. You da man and you be hangin' with the dufus! w00t, w00t (Will someone please tell me what the hell that means?)


I don't know how you folks did it. This must have been the lamest pic I've posted yet but the captions were hilarious. Thanks to all for playing this week - and over the last year. See y'all next week.


Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Comments

00dozo said…
Congrats to Renal Failure! And 'pennies' for the thoughts of the honourees!

"50" in a stubby! I used to drink that! *burp*

You scored a touchdown with the funnies this week, dufus! ("Kindle" - bwhahahaha!)

;-)
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: Ah, a fellow 50 imbiber! I loved that kindle cartoon too.
Anonymous said…
Mucho congratulations to Renal Failure and all of his/her fifty alternate personalities! hee hee

AND how kind of you Nomie to share with us your latest brain scan!

hee hee
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Yeah that's right RF does have multiple personalities.

Actually, my real brain scan came back from the doctor's. They couldn't find anything. Ba-rump-bump.
Donnie said…
Have to hand it to Renal Failure. That was very clever and actually made me laugh. Something about sexual under/overtones do that to me. Make me laugh I mean.
nonamedufus said…
Don: That was somewhat of a titillating comment, Don. nyuk, nyuk.
Hey, NoName, I've been kind of taking a break but I wanted to let you know that you're doing a great job. That 9/11 tribute was awesome (I'd never see the firetruck photo before, and it's frightening), and who needs brain cells when you've got a 4-hour erection? Congratulations on the successful completion of your radiation treatements. I know it sucked.
nonamedufus said…
Mike: We all need a break from time to time. I took 3 weeks away from the blog over the summer. But I see you've been going back through some of my previous posts of the week and that's great. I appreciate your visit and your kind words. I look forward to your return.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies