Skip to main content

Palin Drones

As Willie Nelson might say I'm on the road again. After a week in Toronto, I'm on my way home to Aylmer.  So I've pulled a recent post from my political satire blog to share with you instead today...



She’s at it again.  In a display of why she should continue to write words on the palms of her hands, Sarah Palin tweeted this week about the issue of building a mosque within a stone’s throw of New York’s Ground Zero.

The social media maverick tweeted to her followers that Muslims should “refudiate” the initiative.

Now this comes as a shock.  When Katie Couric, in the now famous interview during her stint as soccer-mom running mate to John McCain, asked Palin what newspapers and news magazines she read, Palin replied: “All of them.” Uh-huh.

Who knew Palin was a distant relative of Mrs. Malaprop.  Then again, she does come from the same political party as George W. “misunderestimate” Bush.

In a subsequent tweet she likened herself to the great bard William Shakespeare.

“Refudiate, misunderestimate, wee-wee’d up.  English is a living language.  Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it”!

Methinks with that comment Shakespeare, who composed many, many plays and verses, would be decomposing in his grave.

But too late.  Palin, an author herself, already intends to rewrite some of the master’s literary works.

For example, she intends to write a play about the American press – The Taming of the Gotcha Media

She has some thoughts for a play about her daughter’s on-again, off-again engagement – Love’s Labour’s Lost Levi Found Then Lost.

And a verse about her daughter’s former fiance is planned – King Leer.

A story about her love of hunting Alaskan caribou will be titled The Winter’s Tail.

An account of her run for the presidency, under campaign Queen Julie Buysvotes is set as Julie, Us Seize ‘er.

A play about her predisposition to the drilling industry will be titled Oil’s Well That Ends Well.

And she’ll publish her thoughts on former Republican president Nixon in Richard the Turd.

There’s no word if Palin will pen an account after the 2012 election should she lose.  Industry insiders speculate that volume might best be titled The Comedy of Errors.

Shakespeare's plays. He's read them all.

This post originally appeared at Slings And Arrows in July 2010

Comments

Cruella Collett said…
You can say many things about Sarah Palin, but she certainly offers comic relief! Great post!
nonamedufus said…
Cruella: Ha. Thanks. I hesitated re-running this but there never really is a bad time to make fun of Sarah Palin, is there?
Anji said…
Well worth a second airing.
Anonymous said…
Ha! That twas poetic Sir Nomie! Nicely done!

AND...we really are two peas in a blog pod! You mentioned Willie Nelson and so did I!

*do do do do* Twilight Theme!
nonamedufus said…
Anji: Thank you ma'am. I thought be interesting to run it here, after featuring it on 2 other blogs.
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: OMG, you're right. I hadn't realized. Gee, I think we're getting long in the tooth if we're both making Willie Nelson references.
00dozo said…
Heh, heh. Classic, as usual for you, dufus!

Ooh, wait! Now you've got her 'clone' to pick on.
;-)
Unknown said…
Those Shakespeare titles are hilarious! "Oil's Well that Ends Well". I love them all. That's my kind of humor!
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: Hey great idea. I could do a piece on the witch and the bitch!!!
nonamedufus said…
Kelley: I'm glad you enjoyed the piece. I hope you'll keep coming back for more!
Ziva said…
You know, I've always thought Sarah Palin reminds me of Shakespear. No wait, a pear - she reminds me of a PEAR. My bad. Nice post, though.
nonamedufus said…
Ziva: A pear of what? Oh, not pair? MY bad.
injaynesworld said…
It's hard to a recall a world before Sarah Palin. It just seems like she's been a boil on the butt of the country forever, though unlike a boil she will never go away. On McCain's tombstone it should read, "Here lies the asshole who unleashed Palin onto the world."

Still, it's a funny as hell piece, Duf.
nonamedufus said…
Jayne:I like your epitaph for McCain's tombstone. I'm glad you enjoyed the piece.
K A B L O O E Y said…
She is a scaaaaaaaaary lady, and I say this before reading the 17 page article my mom just mailed me from Vanity Fair.
nonamedufus said…
KABLOOEY: 17 pages??? Who could write 17 pages on Sarah Palin?
Anonymous said…
I wish I could just dismiss her as good sketch material for SNL, but dang that woman scares me! - G
nonamedufus said…
G: She's certainly been the "go to" gal for me from time to time. My posts about her almost write themselves.
00dozo said…
Heh, heh. Classic, as usual for you, dufus!

Ooh, wait! Now you've got her 'clone' to pick on.
;-)

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies