Skip to main content

Who Is Everyday Goddess And Why Is She Saying Those Nice Things About Me?

This was quite an eventful weekend for nonamedufus. First, the lovely and talented Everyday Goddess visited my humble abode Saturday and left me an award. Yeah, imagine that.  This is not a meme. I don't have to answer 400 questions about myself and forward it on to 800 fellow bloggers or anything like that.

In EG's words:

I follow a lot of blogs, and often I come across posts that I feel deserve to be read by as many people as possible. So I give an award for a blog well done. And the link for others to click on.

And indeed she did. In a post on her blog Saturday she passed on the Goddess Post Of The Week Award to me and a couple of other bloggers.

Photobucket

Cool, eh? And it moves! Well it sure moved me. EG passed this award on to me for my post from Friday last week One Pill Makes You Larger. Thanks, EG. I'm honoured.

The other piece of news I wanted to share with you is an upcoming guest post I've been asked to undertake.

Recognize this?


It's the masthead from the blog of my good buddy and Hattiesburg, Mississippi native Don of Beyond Left Field. Don's one of the funniest bloggers I know and I'm quite honoured to be asked to pinch hit for him. That in itself is an award. We visit each other and leave comments every day. We've been exchanging barbs (and Sues and Carols) for a couple of years now. If you've never been over to Don's I strongly urge you to get on over there...but wait till I'm subbing for him next week, eh.

So I want to thank Don for asking me to do this. It should be fun. Maybe I can get him to do an exchange and do a guest post here! 

And let me thank you both for giving me something to write about today, heh, heh.

So now you're all caught up on the latest dufus developments. You're welcome.

Comments

Alan Burnett said…
Congratulations on your awards. EG I already visit but I will look out for Beyond Left Field
nonamedufus said…
Alan: That award was right out of the blue. I was genuinely surprised. You've got to get over to Don's blog. He's such a funny guy.
Ziva said…
Congrats Dufus! Everyday Goddess and Don both have great taste. I'm going to have to check them out.
nonamedufus said…
Ziva: Thanks, Ziva. Kinda neat, eh? Yeah, check 'em both out.
Anonymous said…
You are the bomb diggity!

I'm not surprised you got such a great award.

You write good stuff here Mr. Nomie! And it's always good for a chuckle or two or three!

*smile*

Don't worry, I'll follow you to whereever you go in cyberland.

I'm like a puppy nipping at your blogging heels!

Now go throw me a bone! hee hee
vickilikesfrogs said…
You da man, Dufe! Conga-rats!
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Aw, you're the best. You've gotta be my #1 fan and cheerleader *sis-boon-BAH*. Now, heel. ;)
nonamedufus said…
♥ Vicki ♥; Aw, stop. My head's gonna swell up. Shucks.
Donnie said…
Good going with the award. Boy, that Don from Beyond Left Field is quite a gentleman and all around great guy isn't he? *hope this anonymous button works*
nonamedufus said…
Don: I think you must have him confused with someone else...who doesn't wear sunglasses.
Linda Medrano said…
You very much do a quality blog and deserve recognition for it. I'm glad I found you and that more people will now too! Cool!
nonamedufus said…
Linda: Wow, thanks. With comments like that you're welcome back anytime!
Nicky said…
Congratulations! Well deserved, NoName. You're pretty talented for a Canadian :-) Now off to check out Don & EG...
nonamedufus said…
Nicky: Yep, guess I'm just a nyuk, nyuk Canuck.
brookeamanda said…
Congrats on the award and getting to guest blog for Don...just don't f**k his blog up too much;)
K A B L O O E Y said…
Double congrats to you, dude. And I promise to visit when you guest post, and then I'll check out this Don fellow's blog. Any friend of your and all....
nonamedufus said…
Amanda: No, not too much.
nonamedufus said…
KABLOOEY: Oh yeah, you've got to check him out. He's a hoot. I just hope I can do him proud next week.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies