Skip to main content

This Is Revealing

The prompt over at Theme Thursday this week, or last week I guess*, is "reveal.

Well I guess, for some strange reason, the first thing that comes to my mind is a woman in a revealing dress. If you're upset by the gratuitous use of pictures of scantily clad women, I'm sorry. I guess it just reveals I'm a guy.


This is Shauna Sands. Now given the way she's dressed some might say she's not all there. Then again others might say it's evident she is all there.

Shauna was a Playboy playmate apparently and used to be married to Lorenzo Lamas, the son of actor Fernando Lamas. Now, there's some revealing facts.


Also when I think of "reveal" I think of the excellent movie The Prestige with Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale. It's a film about competing magicians who each try to outdo the other. In the movie we learn that the three parts of a magic trick are "the pledge, the turn and the prestige". The prestige is in effect revealing the illusion. Indeed the movie unfolds in the same way with somewhat of a surprise ending. I won't reveal the outcome. But I will recommend you rent this movie. What I can reveal is that David Bowie played a small role in the movie.


While I'm on the subject of movies, I also think of the Wizard Of Oz. Why? I remember, as a kid, being just as disappointed as Dorothy, the Lion, the Tin Man and the Scarecrow must have been when the little dog Toto pulled back the curtain to reveal an old man pulling the levers and knobs that operated the so-called Wizard of Oz. "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" he bellowed. But to no effect. The illusion had been dashed, the trick had been revealed.

*Theme Thursday has altered it's approach. Instead of issuing it's weekly prompt on Sunday for participants to post the following Thursday they now "reveal" their prompt on Thursday and invite participants to post any day of the week. Since I'm used to participating Thursday, and you're used to reading it then, I've decided to continue posting Thursday, thus retaining the integrity of the title "Theme Thursday".

Comments

vickilikesfrogs said…
The first time I saw Wizard of Oz, I was PISSED that the wizard wasn't real. NOW I'm pissed cuz someone as scuzzy-looking as Shauna Sands gets to afford all that plastic surgery IN ADDITION to getting to bop Lorenzo Lamas! Life is just not fair.

I heart you, Dufe! (I'm on someone else's computer and it won't make the little hearts either!)
Anonymous said…
Wow.

That's quite a set of ta-tas on that chick.

And it was an incredible let down finding out that the Wizard was just a white haired old guy.

Blech.
Deb said…
I wore that same dress to an office party last year.
nonamedufus said…
♥ Vicki ♥: I was so let down when the "Wizard" was revealed as some old fart that couldn't help Dorothy. But of course it was revealed that the whole thing was Dorothy's dream. I googled "revealing dress" and Shauna was the first thing to pop up. I'd never heard of her before this...honest.
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Right on both counts...all three counts?
nonamedufus said…
Deb: I like your office's dress code, Deb. Ah, just which corner do you work on?
KaLynn ("MiMi") said…
WOW! That's all I can say about the dress. Wow!

I was so let down about the wizard too. Kinda like Santa. (tears falling)

The Prestige was a pretty good movie. I bought it without any previews because of the cast. Good recommend!
nonamedufus said…
MiMi: Thanks for the visit and the comment. Yeah, what else can you say about that dress?

For a kid the revelation that the Wizard was some old guy was such a bummer.

I thought the Prestige was great. One of my favourite films.
00dozo said…
"I googled "revealing dress" and Shauna was the first thing to pop up."

What was the second thing?
;-)

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: We best not go there.
brookeamanda said…
I read a blogger who always refers to Shauna Sands as "The Empress of Lucite." I love that. I also agree that "The Prestige" is a GREAT movie with a very unexpected twist ending.
nonamedufus said…
brookeamanda: That's an apt description for her.

Yeah, wasn't that ending great!
Chris said…
Thanks you, Dufus.

That's all I have to say.

Thank you.
nonamedufus said…
Chris: Well, you're welcome. You're welcome.
KaLynn ("MiMi") said…
WOW! That's all I can say about the dress. Wow!

I was so let down about the wizard too. Kinda like Santa. (tears falling)

The Prestige was a pretty good movie. I bought it without any previews because of the cast. Good recommend!
Quirkyloon said…
Wow.

That's quite a set of ta-tas on that chick.

And it was an incredible let down finding out that the Wizard was just a white haired old guy.

Blech.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies