Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Badges

OK, here's what my caption to this week's pic would have been...



Treasure of The Sierra Madre. A classic with Humphrey Bogart. I love this line!

Speaking of classics, there were many in our captions this week. It was really tough to choose one over the other.

For example, Whitey - you guys all remember Whitey, my brother - shot me with...

Thirty some years later, The Jackson's are No. 1 with a bullet again.


My pal Quirkyloon took it out of the holster this week and gave us...

Post Apocalyptic group, Earth, Wind and Gunfire hits number one song: We Are The World!


Recent winner Renal Failure pistol-whipped us with...

What Glenn Beck sees whenever President Obama is on TV


And Chris, our favourite Knucklehead rifled around a little before coming up with...

Ladies and Gentlemen, YOUR BOSTON CELTICS!


But the satirist of St. Catherines, Ontario Frank Lee Meidere blasted both barrels with his winning round...

Directing under the name Isaac Washington (his iconic bartender character in "The Love Boat") Ted Lange has just released his cinematic reboot of "The Mod Squad."

Way to go Frank, you crazy Canuck. You be hangin' with dufus this week. And you get my stinkin' badges!


And congratulations and thanks to all who played. You're real "tough guys" from which to pick a winner. (Awkward, but it didn't end in a preposition!) 

Comments

Donnie said…
Nice going Frank. Is that Richard Pryor second from right or did that guy just borrow his teeth?
00dozo said…
Congrats Frank!

And congrats to the honourables.

Ha! "Stinkin' badges" - I first heard that in Blazing Saddles. Yeah, it's a great line!
Anonymous said…
Oh yeah? I don't need no stinkin' batches either!

hee hee

Congrats to the "dere"! And thanks for the honorable mention.

Now I've got that earwom of a song stuck inside my head. I know, I know, I have only myself to blame.

"No one, no one..no one ever is to blame."

Woops, wrong group. Sorry Mr. Howard Jones.
Chris said…
Awright! An honourable mention (did I use the "u" right?)!
nonamedufus said…
Don: That's him! Before he blew himself up freebasing.
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: It's a classic, often misquoted line parodied in Blazing Saddles. I can't get it out of my head.
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Batches of what?
nonamedufus said…
Chris, Yes, you're now an honourary Canadian (note the u). Well done.
I've been so out of touch I didn't even catch this. Thanks, John. The only complaint I have about hangin' with the dufus is that those damned clothes pegs really pinch. Next time I'll wear looser clothes, like you.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies