Skip to main content

The World's Ending in 2012? Now That's An Injustice!

The Month of Injustice marathon continues over at Huggy Bloggers Dot Com. Never have so many done so little for so few. But not me. Noooooo sirreee! I've been posting several blogs a week now aimed at combatting injustice, real or imagined. And it's time I draw your attention to the mother of injustices - and I'm not talking about Chelle B.

Shave my feathers and call me Chicken Little but were you aware the world was coming to an end? Well pluck me! How unjust is that? The apocalypse is upon us - you, me and the four horses you rode in on.

I'm talking about 2012.


OMG, it's the end of the world!

Here's the synopsis of the movie 2012 that hit theatres last week, where art supposedly imitates life:

Never before has a date in history been so significant to so many cultures, so many religions, scientists and governments. '2012' is an epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors.

And here's an overview from Wikipedia on the year 2012, where life supposedly influences art:

The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of eschatological beliefs and proposals, which posit that cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on or around December 21, in the year 2012, which is said to be the end of a 5,125 year-long Mayan Long Count calendar. These beliefs may derive in part from archaeoastronomical speculation, alternative interpretations of mythology, numerological constructions, or alleged prophecies from extraterrestrial beings.



Holy poop, sounds serious. We have to do something to prevent the injustice of such an apocalypse.

And my wife may want to re-think what she said to me the other day.

"Oh Dufus, you're only turning 60 in 2012. It's not the end of the world"

Yeah, right! Thanks, hon.

Comments

Me-Me King said…
Well, call me "apathetic". I don't think there's really a dime's worth of difference between any of the politicians. Sarah Palin in 2012 or not - stick me with a fork, I'm done.


word veri: imphork LOL!
Anonymous said…
Great take on this "hot" topic.

I love the cartoon showing "I ran out of space."

hee hee hee


word veri: thuhhm
nonamedufus said…
Me-Me: I'm with you. Pretty much the same thing here in Canada. And the latest rumour is Lou Dobbs is contemplating running down there. I love American politics!
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: It'll be an apocalypse enough when I turn 60!!!
Moooooog35 said…
My 9 year old daughter proclaimed to her CCD class (Catholicism class) that the world was going to end in 2012.

Awesome.

Yet ANOTHER church we can't return to.
nonamedufus said…
Moooooog: Yeah, what's with all this "world's gonna end talk" AGAIN? Remember Nostradamus?

Are you running out of religions, Moog? Won't matter. Haven't you heard? The world's gonna end in 2012. I say we all start sinning, big time.
Donnie said…
Bring it on...! 2012 sounds good to me although I wouldn't worry too much about Palin becoming president. Perhaps a senator...I'm more concerned about if we get a tax break on groceries here if the world begins to vaporize in 2012.
nonamedufus said…
Don: Don't think you have to worry about a tax break if the world starts to vaporize. Can you say looting?
OK, we're doomed. I say we start partying now and don't quit until we go out in a blaze of glory.
That Palin 2012 sticker is one of the scariest things ever...next to the Palin/Dobbs sticker that will be coming soon. I mean, after all, didn't I hear somewhere that they got married? Yikes. It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel...like poop. I know it's not how the song goes...but if that happens, how I'll feel.
Deb said…
"eschatological beliefs" - I didn't know the Mayans believed in escalators. They certainly were an advanced group.
nonamedufus said…
Mike: I've already started. Woo-hoo.
nonamedufus said…
UR: Hey, you've been visiting another, well-written and thoughtfully-intelligent blog, sounds like.
nonamedufus said…
Deb: Hey, the Mayans are on the up and up. Take it from ME.
Chris said…
Wait, I thought the Y2K thing was supposed to wipe us out.

Someone needs to revisit the story of the Little Mayan Who Cried Apocolypse.
nonamedufus said…
DK: Nah, that was 'why 2K?' not Y2K.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies