Skip to main content

30 Days of Writing - # 28 - The Turning Point

Twenty-eight days already? Geez, it seems like only forty. And this is my turning point. Sure, sure, I'll close out our little writing challenge with two more posts. But in my mind I have been coming to a turning point. And today is it.


Funny today's theme is "turning point", too. Coincidence?

Anyway, during the last 28 days I've written humorous posts, serious posts, pieces about my childhood, poetry, limericks - the list goes on and on.

In my personal life I've had turning points like returning to college after university, changes in jobs, changes in wives, births of children, deaths, a diagnosis of cancer and that list goes on and on too.

We all have turning points. Some are minor, some are major.

You can bet if I miss a turning point on the highway, it's major. Mrs. D sure lets me know about it.


Cheesy Mike's apparently experienced a major turning point. He got a kitten a little while ago and launched a blog about cats. Imagine! A cat blog. I wonder if his turning point will involve launching our next challenge? I can see it now: 30 Days of Cats.

Me, I think if I were asked about now - after 30 days of photos in April and 30 days of writing in June - I'd propose 30 days of nothing. Yeah, you heard me. 30 Days of Nothing. How cool would that be? I could use a link thingy like Nicky and as soon as participants had decided to post nothing they could link to my blog, where I've posted nothing, and leave their URL so folks could visit and comment about nothing.

I may be on to something. Then, again, I may just be on to nothing.

Okay, so time's running out. This is the third last day you can visit Nicky at We Work For Cheese and hook up with her link thing and see what turning points other bloggers have experienced.

Comments

Shawn @ StubbornFool.com said…
I can't believe I made it this far...
StubbornFool said…
I can't believe I made it this far...
nonamedufus said…
Oh, I know. Me either.
nonamedufus said…
You said that already.
babs (beetle) said…
Only 2 more posts phew! There was a turning point when I thought. I've come this far I might as well finish it. That was a few days ago.
Linda Medrano said…
I love the 30 days of nothing. I'll join! We've gone too far to stop now. See you at the finish line!
Linda R. said…
When I started this I wasn't expecting post every day, but the more I did, the more I was determined to see it through. Two more days - I think I can make it.
Tami said…
30 days of cats? I'm in! 30 days of nothing - my ADHD self would EXPLODE .... I've got to find another challenge. Guess you can add OCD to my quirkiness.
thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com
If I were God... said…
It does seem like at least day 40, doesn't it? But I'm going to see it through, like you. I guess we're committed? -Or oughtta be.
Nonamedufus said…
Yeah, what the heck, eh?
Nonamedufus said…
Yeah it'll be like Sienfeld. A show about nothing.
Nonamedufus said…
Let's go all the way. We're almost there.
Nonamedufus said…
How about 30 days of OCD?
Nonamedufus said…
I think we oughta be. We're nuts, the lot of us.
Nicky said…
30 days of nothing sounds amazing. Count me in. And since you've been so dedicated, I promise to be just as dedicated to your challenge. :-)
Nonamedufus said…
Oh it was nothing, really.
Nonamedufus said…
Oh it was nothing really.
Wendy said…
Obviously we are all just a tad weary of posting every every every day. But, Nothing?
Yep, with you on this one !
nonamedufus said…
Okay, I'll put you down for nothing.
I am SO WITH YOU on this...it is actually a pretty brilliant idea... it could go viral!
P.J. said…
Nah, this blogging stuff is an addiction. I try to post 5-6 times a week as it is. This challenge has pushed me over the edge a little bit though. So nothing for a little while might be nice. ;)
mike said…
It's funny, each time someone mentions the horror that would be '30 days of cats', the more I want to do it :)

But yeah, I'll admit that getting a cat was a likely turning point in my sanity. I think Kurt Vonnegut referred to the moment when that happens in your brain as "the click".

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies