Skip to main content

30 Days of Writing - Day #2 - A Roadblock


What the hell?

Only Day 2 of our little exercise and I've hit a roadblock. I haven't a clue of how to cover off today's prompt.

Oh, today's prompt is "a roadblock".

Now blockheads I could handle. I've known a few of those. And I was even into their music in the late 70s.

Or block of cheese. I like cheese. If you read my post yesterday you'll know I have a real head for cheese.

Or block and tackle. I've never used one but I'm sure I could pull something together to talk about it.

Or engine block. I'm pretty sure I could get revved up over that.

Or building blocks. It'd probably be pretty simple to construct a post about that.

How about Dan Blocker. No he wasn't a defensive running back in the NFL. He starred as "Hoss" in the TV show Bonanza.  I could probably corral enough courage to do a bit about that.

Or New Kids On The Block. No, they were popular in the late 80s and I just wasn't into that musical scene. But didn't I buy a record of theirs? Nope. Afraid not.

Maybe I could throw a little block party. Then I could write about that. But then we'd have to block the road in order to hold that party.

Hey. Wait a minute.

I might be on to something.

There are no rules to this little exercise. Participants then are in for the long haul, a half haul or a day here and there. Near as I can tell, though, these are the other participants in 30 Days of Writing: Mike and Nicky, Cheryl, If I Were God, Katherine, Laughing Mom, Linda M, Malisa, MikeWJ, SandraBabs,  LeeunaStill Unfinished, PJ, Jayne, Shawn and Ziva.

The results of this week's Pause Ponder and Pun caption contest can be found over on my other blog dufus daze. Check it out.




Comments

You're "afraid" that you didn't buy a New Kids on the Block record? I would have been afraid if you had. ;)
nonamedufus said…
If I had, now I'd be trying to "block" it from my memory.
laughing mom said…
If you had a block party, would you serve head cheese?
nonamedufus said…
Um, never. Blech.
Nicky said…
Hah! Well played, Dufus, well played! Even though I've already awarded you points for bribery, I'll throw in another 50 considering you've managed to include a cheese reference in your "roadblock" post! :-)
nonamedufus said…
Well, if that's all it takes I'll be referencing cheese for the next 28 days. But who's counting?
Leeuna said…
Hey, a roadblock made of cheese. What fun it would be eating our way through that. Good job with the prompt.
Mike said…
I had the same thoughts about todays prompt. Needless to say, it wasn't my idea.
nonamedufus said…
That would be fun. Filling, maybe, but fun.
nonamedufus said…
Ah, I see. Am I detecting a little rancor in the ranks?
Quirky Loon said…
Awww come on Dufus. I know you've downloaded a Bieber tune or two. HA! Now talk about a roadblock. heh heh
Linda R. said…
I think you just became unblocked. Love this one, and how you worked your way around like solving a puzzle.

Oh, and somehow I didn't make it onto your list. ;)
You had me laughing -there are no defensive running backs in football. The running back (and quarterback, halfback and fullback) are offensive players. This does not mean they're rude. (just in case you were wondering')
Cheryl P. said…
Very clever post, Dufus. Sounds like you are racking up points and it's only day two. Good job.
nonamedufus said…
I meant defensive backs. I got carried away. Not that I'm being defensive.
nonamedufus said…
Oh, I'm a real chip off the old block I am.
nonamedufus said…
Yeah, I've been around the block a time or two.

Sorry about missing you on the list. I've lost track of who's in and who's out.
jannaverse said…
It took about 15 minutes for Disqus to show up, during which time I completely forgot what I was going to say.
I vaguely remember that it was some hilarious but distinctively lowbrow humor involving intestinal blockages.
Which are utterly hilarious, unless you're the one it's happening to.
Or so I hear.
HA HA full circle... block the road for a block party! Invite NKOTB!!! Oh, you officially win for having everyone's name and link.... I'm copying and adding you. Woot!
P.J. said…
That is awesome. Well done on this post! I'll take roadblocks. Or block parties. Just not with New Kids on the Block! Hanging tough!
nonamedufus said…
So my comment system blocked you. Damn. Intestinal blockages? That'll happen if you eat enough cheese.
nonamedufus said…
I don't know if I have a full list or not. I'm going to start referring people to Nicky's link thingy. I think that's the safest route to go.
nonamedufus said…
Yeah my musical tastes lean more to the Blockheads than New Kids on the Block. Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll.
meleahrebeccah said…
I vote you have a block party!
nonamedufus said…
We live in a neighbourhood where everybody has acre lots. It'd be kinda hard to organize a block party. We're all so far apart. Every fall, though, we have a neighbourhood corn roast in the nearby park. That's fun...and everybody gets to meet everybody and kinda whoop it up..

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies