Skip to main content

That's Cheeky



What could it be about this sport that makes me love it so much? I love watching NFL football but it doesn't come close to this. I enjoy watching golf but again it can't compare. Hockey? Sure. Baseball, yeah. Curling? Come on. I may be Canadian but you think I've got rocks in my head? I like sports but that's just downright boring.

No this sport has a certain attraction for me. Maybe because it's about the sheer beauty and majesty. It has syncronization. It's a delicate ballet. It's easy on the eyes. And it's not really necessary to keep track of the score.

Oh and did I mention yet that the participants wear teeny tiny bathing suits. No I'm not talking about The Miss America Pagaent. I'm talking about women's beach volleyball.

You know a sport has really hit its stride when it worries about how to accommodate commercial sponsors and how to display their brand names. NASCAR cars and driver uniforms, for example, are plastered with ads. But let's face it, there isn't much room for itsy bitsy ads on teeny weeny bikinis. I mean you can hardly plaster a billboard on those behinds. If you could, I think you'd be watching another sport entirely, like...women's weight lifting.

But this is about to change.

The Brazil team shows off their considerable assets

A British firm has come up with an ingenious way to cover, as it were, this dilemma. The company will assist that country's women's olympic duo in an upcoming match by stamping a bar code on their butts. Yeah, a bar code. When it is photographed on a smartphone the bar code will direct the user to the company's website.

Ha, I'm just thinking that there'll be a lot of people taking pictures of players' behinds. And this practice really gives new meaning to the phrase "turn the other cheek".

But good on them...so to speak.

I'm not sure if you knew this or not but women beach volleyball players are susceptible to an unfortunate and insidious disease that can creep up on them without warning. Known largely by its acronym, people call it PSIB. And eventually all women beach volleyball players fall under its clutches.

Only dedicated enthusiasts of the sport such as myself know what the acronym stands for: Panties Stuck In Bum.

The heartbreak of PSIB

Comments

redheadranting said…
Well thanks for that image! No One should wear a Speedo, it doesn't matter how fit or well endowed you are.
Ahhhh to have butt cheeks like that!
nonamedufus said…
I'll put your mind at rest right now. I'd never wear one. I mean who needs a permanent wedgie?
nonamedufus said…
Oh, I know. Mine's flat as a board. It's what comes from sitting through all those long and boring meetings when I worked as a bureaucrat.
TheBigBlueFrog said…
Ladies' Beach Volleyball is my favorite sport.
nonamedufus said…
C'mon. You're not making me the butt of some joke are you?
Mikewj said…
I've been trying to convince my wife that this a real sport for years. No luck so far...
nonamedufus said…
Hey it's going to be in the 2012 Olympics. I'm kinda bummed your wife doesn't see things the way we do.
Nicky said…
Ahhh, the latest in marketing - the Assvertisement. Brilliant. Jepeto says thank you for the image of the Brazilian team. He agrees with your assessment.
nonamedufus said…
Assvertisement. I love it. Wish I had have thought of that. I'm liking Jepeto more and more. Maybe we can get together to watch some volleyball some time?
meleahrebeccah said…
Goodness! I wish my assets looked like these!
nonamedufus said…
Yeah, then you could make a little money on the side...on the backside, that is.
Ziva said…
That's it; I'm officially moving to Brazil and sitting on the beach all day long.
nonamedufus said…
Easy for you to say.
nonamedufus said…
Actually, the Brazil women's team is ranked 2nd after the Americans. I couldn't find a Canadian team. Of course when they play they play on ice floes and have to wear parkas and mukluks. Not nearly as interesting to watch.
Stacey said…
I used to tell my husband I wish I had the ass of a Brazilian supermodel. But apparently the ass of a Brazilian beach volleyball player will do.
nonamedufus said…
It's good to have ass-pirations, isn't it?
quirkyloon said…
I could have SWORN I commented on this post. But alas, I did NOT!

I think the zombies bit my brainz again or I'm boycotting any butt slices that DON'T have wrinkles! HA!
nonamedufus said…
Where have you been, Quirks? Are you saying you're a little behind? Mwah-hahahahahahahaha...

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies