Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Parliament

I didn't quite know what to make of our picture this week. But you guys certainly did.

Jeremy from We Took The Bait moved:

Mike LaScala could not resist the urge to crowd ride during the Beastie Boys concert at the Paramus, New Jersey Convention Center.


Bahamian transplanted Canadian 00dozo from When I Reach seconded with:

Fifteen minutes into a Democratic filibuster, Glenn Beck turns into a brain-eating zombie.


Tgoette at Sophiticated Lunacy submitted this private member's bill:

Supporters of the gay rights initiative celebrated passage of the bill with a group hug,


And Whitey - how ya doin' Whitey? - added to the debate with:

Apparently the 54-40 option was voted down.


Now Whitey, a sports nut, went all cerebral on me with his reference to the historical debate of "54-40 or fight" from the 1844 Democratic leadership race. It refers to where the U.S. wanted to draw it's boundary with Canada. The U.S. was a few degrees off, settling on the 49th parallel. Whitey - I'm impressed! (I had to Google it. I thought you were talking about the Canadian rock group!)

But sometimes the simplest caption does the trick. Don from Beyond Left Field won the vote with... 

I want my quarter back! That's my quarter dammit! I was saving that for the bathroom. Now give it here you thief!

I think you'll agree Don aptly captured our government at work. Way to go Don. You be hangin' with dufus. Congratulations.

And once again thanks to all for playing along.

Oh, before I let you go, I wanted to mention Vicki Likes Frogs over at Glitter Frogs gave me an award this week. I'm honoured to have received...


...yep, the One Lovely Blog Award! Isn't that cool. Thanks Vicki!

But that ain't all.

Oslo's own Cruella "Gotta Get To My Thesis" Collett over at The Giraffability of Digressions thinks I'm strangely irresistible. Ahem, well I don't, um, ah, know what to say. What? Oh, my BLOG is strangely irresistible. Oh, okay.


Thanks, Cruella. That's one neat award! Oh, and don't forget to spell-check your thesis, eh. *winks*

Comments

Thanks for the honourable mention, Dufus!

And, Congrats, Don!
Donnie said…
Yeah me! It's about time! Caption contest are not my forte... Although I thought that was kind of funny myself.
Anonymous said…
You are irresistable! Nothing strange about it! *smile*

And mucho congratulation to Don and the honorable mentions. It's always fun to see what others come up with.

BTW, I like that pic for the irresistable award. It makes me laugh!
nonamedufus said…
Jeremy: Funny caption, Jeremy.
00dozo said…
Congrats Don!

Thanks for the mention, dufus, and congrats to the other honourables.

And, of course, congrats to you, dufus, on those awards!
nonamedufus said…
Don: Congratulations Don. Did you get your quarter back?
nonamedufus said…
Quirky: You know ever since I received that award I've been singing that 80s song "Simply Irresistible" by Robert Palmer. I've got the video stuck in my consciousness, too. Anyone else?
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: They say good things come in threes. Shit, I should buy a lottery ticket.
Cruella Collett said…
Haha, those are great captions. And yes, I'll be spell checking. The error in the award was only mine to pass on, though ;)

For the record, though, I find both you and your blog both irresistible and irresistable!
nonamedufus said…
Cruella: I know, I know. Seriously, thank you so very much for your kind, kind words and your great award.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies