Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Park

Some people will do anything to beat you to a parking spot! Or so it would appear.  Let's see how our caption crew did this week.

Another woman attempts to parallel park.



Texters accidently create the first commuter emoticon.



Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.
Me-Me King



There's a reason why they put instructions for trailer hitches in the south.


You'll notice Me-Me King has deigned us with her presence this week. And I only just wrote that post saying how much I missed her. Good to have you back skulking about Me-Me.

Our winner this week is someone you all know and love. My brother from Toronto. I know, I know, Toronto. *spits* Don't hold it against him.


I could have sworn I took the Smart Car this morning
Whitey


Congrats bro, you be hangin' with the dufus. Well metaphorically. You can't really be hangin' with me 'cause you live in *spits* Toronto.


You owe me!

Thanks to all for playing along. Next week get here early. You wouldn't want someone else to take your spot.


Comments

00dozo said…
Congrats to Whitey!!

And congrats to the other honourees.

Thanks for the mention, too, dufus!

;-)
Anonymous said…
Mucho congratumalations to Whitey! And Nomesters? You might look into a spittoon.

Just spittin'.

Ha!
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: I couldn't let a week "pass" without mentioning you, Doze.
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Yeah, it's a nasty habit. But it only seems to happen when someone mentions *spits* Toronto. I'll try to "steer" away from it.
Whitey said…
So much for the "always a bridesmaid, never a bride" thing. Now what am I going to do with all these dresses?

Thanks Big Dufe.
nonamedufus said…
Whitey: Hey congrats Whitey. How are things in *spits* in Toronto? Hey, I don't want to skirt the issue but maybe you should open up a dress shop.
00dozo said…
Okay - so what's up with the "*spits* Toronto" thingy? This coming from a former Torontonian himself??

(Damn *farts* Quebeckers.)

;-)
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: C'mon, everyone knows that everyone across the country hates *spits* Toronto. It's like one of the top three things we complain about in Canada: the weather, my wife has a headache, and *spits* Toronto.
Nicky said…
*spits* Toronto

And I thought it was just us Montrealers!

Congratulations Whitey!
nonamedufus said…
Nicky: Mais, non cherie.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies