Skip to main content

Abbas Threatens Success Of Mid-East Peace Talks

Nothing Else Can Save Them SOS


by nonamedufus
SIRTE, LIBYA (nonamedufusnews) - The Palestinians, backed by Arab powers say they will withdraw from the latest round of middle east peace talks if Abbas is allowed to reform.

It would appear Arab diplomats are taking a hard line having heard rumours that the Swedish pop quartet might be getting back together. "Mama Mia" said Philip J. Supertrooper, U.S. assistant secretary of state for public affairs. "We will continue to work with the parties to advance negotiations. That's the name of the game here."

Threat to mid-east peace and music lovers everywhere

But the American attempt at diplomacy had little impact on Arab diplomats. "Listen, our Abbas has been around a lot longer than those shitty Swedish songsters" said the other Abbas spokesman Nabil Abu Dancingqueen.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu couldn't bring himself to agree with the Palestinian position. "Knowing me, knowing you" he said "I think Abbas is about to meet his Waterloo. I love the other Abbas, the singing Abbas. Although if they reunited I'm sure it would be for the money, money, money."

For her part, and speaking on behalf of Anni-Frid "Frida" Lyngstad, Agnetha Faitskog indicated she was pleased to hear of Netanyahu's support. "If we can interrupt Bjorn and Benny from counting their money and convince them to take a chance on me then the winner takes it all, know what we mean?"

Would you take a chance on him?

"I have a dream" said Abbas. "And that's a reunited homeland not a reunited Swedish pop group. This is all so confusing. Why didn't they call themselves by some other palindromic name like kayak or racecar or straw warts?"

This post originally perturbed music lovers at The Parody Files.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ha! Clever Nomie! Clever!

Straw Warts? I think that is the moniker for them! They should wear it proud.

And I still think Lady Gaga's "Alejandro" song is rip off between Madonna's "La Isla Bonita" and ABBA's "Fernando."

And I can only stand Fernando of the three.

He's a cool dude.

Ha!
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was beginning to think I was the only one that made the connection. And Lord help us all if ABBA reunites.
Sooner or later somebody's gonna have to take a chance on somebody else. Only you could find the humor in all this!
nonamedufus said…
Boom Boom: Well, we can always hope I suppose. Hey! I'm about half-way through "our" book!
00dozo said…
Hopefully, Benny and his jets won't be bombing either of the Abbas.
;-)
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: Hopefully. And maybe peace in the region will be Bjorn again!
Leeuna said…
Another good one, Dufe. Reunited Homeland would be a good name for a rock band...or not.

P.S. I love the way you play with words.
nonamedufus said…
Leeuna: Thanks, Leeuna. I enjoy playing with words. At least I have someone with which to play.
Linda Medrano said…
Where's the romance? How about strawberry warts? Better, no?
nonamedufus said…
Linda: Strawberry Warts might be more romantic (although there's not much romance when it comes to warts) but it's not a palindrome.
cardiogirl said…
I do believe all of this could have been avoided had they gone with the name Yo, banana boy.

As they say, hindsight is 20/20.
Cruella Collett said…
May I quote this in my thesis? I think you're on to something here...
nonamedufus said…
KABLOOEY: I couldn't have said it better myself.
nonamedufus said…
CG: Ha, ha - I love it! It's got a real appeal.
nonamedufus said…
Cruella: My post in an academic endeavour? Who would have thought.
00dozo said…
Hopefully, Benny and his jets won't be bombing either of the Abbas.
;-)
Leeuna said…
Another good one, Dufe. Reunited Homeland would be a good name for a rock band...or not.

P.S. I love the way you play with words.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies