Skip to main content

Hello Goodbye


Today a bit of a reflective piece. Rather than being funny, this is about the funny. It's a day of mixed emotion at nonamedufus. You see, after several months of inactivity I've dropped a couple of former blogger buddies off my blog roll. I kept hanging on and hanging on hoping they'd return to active blogging but, alas, after waiting in one case five months I've decided to let them go.

I'm going to miss - going to? I have been missing - Margo at the Screaming Me-Me. She was one funny lady. From time to time she and I would engage in a feud or two for several days at a time but it was all in fun both for us and, I think, for our readers. And we'd leave each other funny comments, poking fun at each other. I miss her friendship and our humorous exchanges.


The other blogger I'm letting go is Chelle, The Offended Blogger. Chelle was a special lady. In addition to her own blog she created and managed Humor Bloggers Dot Com where humour bloggers like myself hung out, told jokes, sought inspiration, exchanged ideas, competed in theme weeks and generally had all kinds of fun. Chelle and I got along so well she invited me to join her on another blog she'd created - The Offended American - where I cut my teeth on political satire.


I'll miss both you guys and I wish you good health and all the best in your future endeavours.

But it's a happy day at nonamedufus too. You know things change. And we all must adapt to life's transitions. And so it goes in the blogging world. We make new friends, we discover new blog sites to hang out at.

I've added several new bloggers to my blog roll. Three in particular I find very, very funny are BrookeAmanda at Babbling Brooke, Jules at Mean Girl Garage and Linda at The Good, The Bad, The Worse. There's more I've discovered and added to my blog roll. Feel free to check out "dufus denezins" in my right hand column. I don't think you'll be disappointed.


I've discovered a couple of new places to hang out and have fun, too. Jen from Red Head Ranting has created Tribal Blogs, a great place for bloggers of all stripes to get together and chat, compare notes and promote their blogs. Another excellent site is Studio 30 Plus as is Expose Your Blog each with something different to offer a blogger in terms of making new friends, discovering new blogs and promoting your own.


There was a forum thread over at Studio 30 Plus recently that posed the question "How long will you continue to write? Should blogging have a shelf life?" I think it all depends on the person and no, it shouldn't have a shelf life. But I think we all have to realize that for some of us either real life intervenes or the creative juices start to dry up. I think each of us will know when that starts to happen.


But for now it's good to know there are plenty of creative, thoughtful and funny bloggers out there to keep me reading for some time to come.

And for me? Well, who can say.

Comments

Humor bloggers is no more? I was on there for a bit, seems like another lifetime.

I will check out your new blog pals, I love finding new places to visit!
nonamedufus said…
EG: Unfortunately both Humor Bloggers and Humor Bloggers Dot Com bit the biscuit. Too bad, too. I enjoyed hangin' out at both places.
Anonymous said…
Well Nomesters I feel for ya! It's hard to let go!

But I'm glad you are still around and you'd better stick around for many many MANY more moons.

Got it?

Have voodoo doll, will curse.

Capische?

hee hee

Just know you're lurved!
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Ditto, Quirkster. Thanks.
K A B L O O E Y said…
That's a hell of a healthy attitude, Dufus. Good for you, and thanks for the ideas for new places to spend the time I don't have. I'm already so far behind on the reader, it's sad. But thanks. Really.
nonamedufus said…
KABLOOEY: This was supposed to be an exercise in cleaning up my blog feed. In the end I added more blogs than I got rid of. Just call me "not clear on the concept".
Gorilla Bananas said…
In 5 years of blogging, I've lost count of the number of bloggers who have come and gone. If they haven't deleted their blog, I've put them in special link category called "lost souls"
nonamedufus said…
GB: Ah, that's a great approach! I've retained them in my computer's bookmarks...just in case. But I like your idea.
Ah, lost souls... they're still out there somewhere. (That could have been me of late.) I miss Me-Me and her caption contests. Plus, she made me look awesome as a CatLady! Good picks with your new additions to your blogroll.
nonamedufus said…
CL: I think we all have our moments, Boom-Boom. I'm glad you're hangin' in.
Linda Medrano said…
Hey Dear Dufus! I hate it when I really like somebody and they disappear on me. It's happened about 5 times in the last 10 months since I started. You hope the people are okay and just finishing up their soon to be best seller book. Still, we do add new and interesting friends. Thanks for the shout out by the way!
nonamedufus said…
Linda: It really is amazing how attached you get to some people in the blogosphere and then when they disappear you feel a little crestfallen. But you're right. We find new friends...like you, for instance.
Nicky said…
YESSSSSS, WE MADE THE CUT!! I mean, thanks for including us among all of those great blogs.
:-)
Anonymous said…
I know what you mean..I organzied my bloglist this weekend there were quite a few who had dropped off the blogosphere and I had to let them go. I remember the first blogger I adored who suddenly dropped off for 3 months, then re-emerged to tell us she was throwing in the towel. I was so disappointed. I had just started blogging and I really looked up to her (Oh, who am I kidding? I look up to everyone. Get it?) Anyways ...now I am going to go check out your new recommendations! - G
nonamedufus said…
Nicki: You guys are another of my recent great finds.
nonamedufus said…
Georgina: Yeah, it's unfortunate when you invest your time and admiration in someone and then one day, often without a word, they're gone. But, hey, I guess people have real lives. How novel.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies