Skip to main content

Don't Fence Me In

My pals Gus and Goose were shootin' the breeze the other day over the backyard fence and here's the thrust and parry of how that conversation went.

Gus: I like your fence, Goose. My wife wants me to build one but she can't make up her mind what type.

Goose: What, you don't get to pick it?

Gus: I see what you did there.

Goose: Where?

Gus: You made a link between pick it and fence.

Goose: Like you just did?

Gus: Huh?

Goose: Between link and fence.

Gus: I guess you're not the weakest link in the chain.

Goose: And I guess you're not as dumb as a post.

Gus: Oh, that was a carefully wrought pun.

Goose: Wrought?

Gus: Wrought iron!

Goose: Oh, wood you quit it.

Gus: Why, are you getting board?

Goose: Keep it up and you'll be riding the rails.

Gus: Okay, okay, enough's enough. Wouldn't you agree.

Goose: Yeah, it's time to close the gate on this one.

Gus foils Goose's fence-building efforts.

The prompt over at Theme Thursday last week was "fence". The folks at TT issue their prompt each Thursday and invite bloggers to post any day of the week. While I was posting the following Thursday in an attempt to maintain the integrity of the title, I've decided now to go with Monday. I guess you could say I was "on the fence" about this change in approach.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are the master of punny! Me likey!

It made me smile! It always does.

*grin*
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: I try. I try.
Linda Medrano said…
Very tight! Love it!
nonamedufus said…
Linda: I'm glad. Thank you.
RA said…
Touché! :D
00dozo said…
Ah, yes. My Monday groaner! Well done, dufus!
;-)
nonamedufus said…
RA: Ah, vous parlez francais! Did you know to sit on the fence in French is menager la chevre et le chou? Those crazy French people. Take care of your goats and cabbage? What's up with that?
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: I wouldn't want to disappoint you, my dear.
You're starting to worry me, NoName. I'm calling for an intervention. A pun-ervention, I guess.
nonamedufus said…
Yeah, I saw your comment over on someone else's blog - Ziva's? I left a comment with KABLOOEY who said words to the effect "ladies and gentlemen may I present nonamedufus. He's here all week. Please remember to tip the waitress." Hey, it's a tough job but someone's gotta do it.
Brooke Amanda said…
Wow, I've never seen so many play on words in one place:) Good job...you just blew my mind!
nonamedufus said…
Brooke: Well that's good. You know I have a very cerebral sense of humour. (Yeah, right.)
Nicky said…
Well done! You are definitely the pun-master :-)
Anonymous said…
I would like to exchange links with your site nonamedufus.blogspot.com
Is this possible?
nonamedufus said…
Nicky: You ae much too kind.
nonamedufus said…
Anonymous: That'd be a little hard to do seeing as you're ANONYMOUS!
vickilikesfrogs said…
Dufe...I swear. That would have been so corny coming from anyone else, but from YOU? Genius! Loved it (as usual).
nonamedufus said…
Vicki: Corny? Really? Well, there may be a kernel of truth in what you say.
Leeuna said…
Dufe, you're the punniest guy I know.
Your fence post was electrifying. It shocked me and made Barb get wired. teheheheheee.
nonamedufus said…
Leeuna: Uh, oh, I think it;s contagious!
Anonymous said…
I would like to exchange links with your site nonamedufus.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies