Skip to main content

The Jim Carey Meme


Last week I was zipping around the internet, searching for something to write about, when I came upon an article about Jim Carey. You know of The Mask, Ace Ventura and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind fame? Yeah that Jim Carey. Any way, did you know Carey's career is going to hell in a hand basket? Oh, yeah. According to this article instead of his big-screen career he's focussing on some home-made video he's made in his basement in which he proclaims his undying love for Emma Stone. "Who?" you say. Yeah, me too. So I googled her.


Turns out she's been in some movies, one of which I saw - Zombieland. Oh, and she's 22. Oh, and Jim Carey's 49. Yeah, exactly. Eww...creepy.

And if the thought of that's creepy you ain't seen nothin' yet. Here's the link to his video.

But to spare you from losing two minutes of your life you'll never get back here's the transcript:

Jim Carrey’s desperate message to Emma Stone

I just wanted to let you know that I think you’re all the way beautiful. Not just pretty but, you know, smart and kindhearted. And if I were a lot younger, I would marry you, and we would have chubby little freckled-faced kids.

Jim Carrey, Jim Carrey Emma Stone, Jim Carrey's letter to Emma Stone, Jim Carrey video, Jim Carrey transcript, Jim Carrey youtube

We’d laugh all day long and go camping and play Yahtzee and tell ghost stories by the fire. And the sex?(Stares into the distance imagining all kinds of lewd, creepy scenarios involving food, fur and who knows what else.)

Every day, for the rest of your life, you would thank God that I was the appropriate age for you. But I’m not. I’m 49. I have lines on my face, sometimes a little gray in my beard, and it takes me a little longer to pee than it used to. Those are the only discernible signs of aging that I can find so far.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how I felt. You’re pretty special, and I wish you continued success and artistic fulfillment, but most of all, I wish you love and contentment. That’s all.


What do you think? Has Carey gone cuckoo for Crazy Puffs?

Well, no sooner had I read this article when I came across a post from Cardiogirl (she works out you know) who was participating in a Jim Carey meme (and I nicked the above transcipt from her website). Yeah, except her hilarious love letter was to Paxil.

So this got me thinking. Who did I secretly pine for? And if I could, just what would I want to say to them to, you know, express my affection.


nonamedufus's desperate message to William Shatner

I just wanted you to know that I have been following your career since the early days and let me tell you I think you are a wonderful actor, so full of enterprise. Your role as Captain Kirk captivated me. It must have been your training as a Shakesperian thespian at Stratford in the 50s. If I were a lot younger I never would have heard of you, nor have had the courage to express my feelings for you now.

The TV series Star Trek was great, but don't you think those movies got a little tiresome after the third one. I really liked the re-make recently. Too bad you couldn't have been in that one. But then, you're kinda old and I don't think the uniform would have fit you anymore. (Stares into the distance, the final frontier, if you will, and considers how exceedingly more popular the succeeding spin-offs without William Shatner were.)

I watched you in T.J. Hooker but I have to say I was more interested in Heather Locklear. Sorry. But she was really hot. And I thought Shit My Dad Says was hilarious. You were really funny in that. Sorry it got cancelled. I've seen all the episodes of your talk show Shatner's Raw Nerve. I enjoy your easy style of interviewing has-beens such as Henry Wrinkler, Mackenzie Phillips and Drew Carey.

Every day for all your life I thank God that you have been able to find a toupee for every occasion and that you did boldly go where no Canadian has gone before...or since. (Well, maybe with the exception of Lorne Green on Bonanza.)

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how I felt. Dammit, Jim, you're pretty...special, and I wish you continued success and artistic fulfillment, but most of all I hope you live long and prosper.

Comments

quirkyloon said…
okay, I gots lots to say.

First of all, I did read and see the creepazoidal Carey vid. Make that a quadruple EWWWW!

But, why is it so creepy? I mean nobody looks at Hugh Hefner and goes EWWWW! Nope. Aren't most men thinking, "YEAH! Look at him. He's a GOD."

Uh-huh.

AND regarding Shatner.

I'm disappointed Nomesters.

What about his most endearing, talented role yet?

Priceline Negotiator.

Uh-huh.

*smile*
nonamedufus said…
Oh those Priceline commercials. I completely forgot about them. They were hilarious. One of the other hilarious things he did was an interpretation of Elton John's Rocket Man.

http://youtu.be/lul-Y8vSr0I
cardiogirl said…
Excellent job! I shall begin to thank God for William Shatner's toupee. Though I've been thanking the big man for a while now regarding Shatner's spoken word musical tributes.

Love. Those. Beyond. Belief! Have you seen Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? Love his emoting.
nonamedufus said…
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds? A classic. The one thing about Shatner, I think, is that he was always able to laugh at himself, And, to his credit, gotten rich off of it. Quirky mentioned Priceline in her comment. Here's one of my favourites...

http://youtu.be/HTqrFrEwee8
Nicky said…
That was very moving, Dufus. I'm sure if Bill read this, he'd feel the same way. He'd be moved right to court for a restraining order. :-)

BTW, have you seen "Weird or What?" yet? Awesome stuff.
nonamedufus said…
Restraining order? Nah. I'll just ward him off with the vulcan mind meld. You know what I forgot? Boston Legal! I haven't seen "Weird or What". I had to Google it. When's it on here in Canada?
Mind of a Madman said…
You crush on Shatner? You apparently want to boldly go naughty places with him. Huh? Me I crush on......Nimoy!!!
nonamedufus said…
Carey and Shatner are both Canadian, eh. So's my favourite singer/songwriter Neil Young. We try not to acknowledge Justine Bieber and Celine Dion's roots.
Shawn said…
Awesome. I had to do my own.
nonamedufus said…
You wrote a desperate message to yourself.
Nicky said…
I'm not sure, to tell the truth. I caught it over the summer a few times, and can't remember which nights it aired. Or what time, for that matter. Or what channel.

Yeah, I don't watch a lot of tv, and when I do, I usually just sit down to whatever Jepeto is watching.
nonamedufus said…
Well, you're no help. What about Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsey? Do you watch that? Sometimes he cooks with cheese.
Blog Rehab said…
Emma Stone actually is a great actress. I think she will be a star for a long time. Also, you and my husband share the admiration for Shatner. Everyone should see the beginning of Raw Nerve here. Check out the double-take in the opening sequence. http://www.biography.com/video.do?name=shatner
nonamedufus said…
That double take is quintessential Shatner. You gotta love it. I thought I'd seen every episode of Raw Nerve. I hadn't seen the one you linked to, though. Thanks.
Linda M. Rhinehart Neas said…
Hilarious! Shatner...in his early days, curled my socks...then I longed for Capt. Piccard...being a trekie isn't always easy. Thanks for the chuckle
nonamedufus said…
I'm happy I could make it so.
Static said…
No. Not really, Mr. Spock.
nonamedufus said…
I commend you on getting back to me after two years!
Static said…
All credit goes to Disqus for that one since they never sent me a notification. Just logged into another blog that uses Disqus and that's how I found out about it.
nonamedufus said…
That is so weird.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies