Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Pork on Your Fork


Yay, you remembered! And those that didn't are the losers because they missed their chance to be as happy as a pig in shit. I use that expression, of course, because of this week's pic. A pig among the pooches. I think the little guy's hiding out from Old MacDonald. Yeah, I think he's out of breakfast bacon and is looking for a side of sizzle. This little piggy's gonna have none...of that. So let's see who came up with the best porcine pun, shall we? And away we go...




Lord of The Fleas



In China, dog is the other white meat.



From "Best in Show" to "Best in Sow"



But our winner this week is that punster poser from the COTU (centre of the universe - *spits* Toronto) and my brother...

The grunt of the litter.
Whitey




Everybody?

HI WHITEY!!!

Hey Whitey. You won this little pig in a poke ya big ham. You be hangin' with your brother dufus. Waddaya wanna do this week? We could get together and go out to your favourite breakfast spot where I know they have some delicious pork products. I'm talkin' maybe some Eggs Willowdale, home fries, bacon, sausages and pea meal bacon. You want a cardiac arrest with that? Congrats bro.

And a special tip of the hat to Nicky for being a good sport. She participated in our little contest even though she and I are in the midst of a major diss fest over who's gonna win the Tribal Blogs' Makeover Contest. Stories of anal probes just ain't gonna do it baby. Aliens got nothing over Norma Desmond.

Sorry about that previous paragraph but seeing this was a post about a pig I thought I'd throw in a few links.

Thanks to all for playing and we'll see everyone next week, once you've managed to extricate yourselves from the pig pen and - sniff, sniff - had a chance to clean yourselves up.

Comments

Nicky said…
Ah, Dufus, you're the best! And I'm pretty sure Norma WAS and alien.
quirkyloon said…
Congrats to Whitey! And what's this? Nomie is FIGHTING?

Never thought I'd see the day.

HA!

Kidding!
nonamedufus said…
Aw, we can still be friends. Are you conceding?
nonamedufus said…
Me, fight? Never. But engaging in a little contestation (ha, ha, get it? A play on words: contest/contestation) now and then isn't unheard of.
00dozo said…
Congrats, Whitey!

And congrats to all the "other" honourables (see, dufus, I'm not patting myself on the back this week).

And, of course, thanks for another mention.

;-)
00dozo said…
Psst ... I think Nicky's bolstering up your ego and playing upon your vulnerability - you know, so you will concede.
nonamedufus said…
Hey, no problem. Are you staying safe from all those hurricanes. Or are you having a tropical depression? (haha, get it?)
nonamedufus said…
I wouldn't put it past her. She's sneaky like that. You really have to keep an eye on her, don't you.
Nicky said…
Not at all!! I was really saying thank you. I sincerely appreciate your shout out seeing as how we're going to win. I think you're being a very good sport for someone who is going to lose. Badly.
nonamedufus said…
Hey I'm always gracious in victory. Say do your ankles hurt? Cause you're about to experience the agony of da feet, baby.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies