Skip to main content

Who The Hell Is Judith Chalmers?


Hello, I'm Judith Chalmers...
I understand the importance of being active
to maintain healthy circulation in my lower legs and feet...


So, who the heck is Judith Chalmers? That's what I wanted to know. I see her every morning while watching CBC News Network - probably four or five times in the hour, hour and-a-half I watch the news channel. After seeing her commercial for the Circulation Booster V3 about a hundred times I finally said to myself "Who the hell is Judith Chalmers?". Well, of course I said it to myself. I was the only one there. "You talking to me?" Ya, you get the idea.

Woah! I want one! Beam me up Judith.

And thus began my quest. Google, Wikipedia and You Tube aided me in my search for knowledge. (You don't think I have too much time on my hands, do you?) Funny the things you find out about people you don't even know when you start looking.

And circulation is an apt word here. Ms. Chalmers has been in circulation for quite some time, having been born in 1936. Judith Chalmers is currently the spokesperson for the Circulation Booster V3, a device advertised as easing lower leg and foot pain. But quite apart from that the woman was a TV presenter on the BBC for many years, thirty of which she spent galavanting about the globe as the host of a show called "Wish You Were Here". Recently, she admitted that throughout the thirty years she hosted the show she never wore any knickers.



Thanks for sharing that, Judith. I may never get that picture out of my head.

Judith was awarded an OBE in 1994 and since then has the distinction of being voted #88 on the list of 100 Worst Britons. She's in good company. Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher rank #1 and #3 respectively.

Oh, and if you have sore legs or feet? Start saving your pennies, folks. The CB-V3 only costs $300.00. But it works. Yessiree, you can bet Judith Chalmers' knickers on it.


Comments

Cheryl P. said…
Maybe she is onto something. She is 75 and still working. (I guess that means her blood is still circulating).
nonamedufus said…
LOL, Cheryl, I think you may have something there!
quirkyloon said…
Oh my heck. She looks like the sister of Cathy Mitchell! You know the RediSetGo info lady? She cooks all that good food? hee hee
nonamedufus said…
I think I have to get out more Quirks. We see a lot of American TV here in Canada but I don't think Ms Mitchell made it across the border. In case the rest of you were wondering here's a pic I Googled...
Rachele said…
I have no idea who she is or what that thing sh's selling is. I must be watching all the wrong shows.
nonamedufus said…
That's the thing. The ad's on a news channel. Must be for those old fogeys (like me) that sit in front of the TV all day. (I'm an old fogey but I don't sit in front of the TV all day.) Going for a walk might be cheaper.
Mind of a Madman said…
Judith Chalmers can suck it!
nonamedufus said…
Why would she wanna suck on the CB-V3?
00dozo said…
Hell, I used to get a better foot massage from my ex, it didn't cost me $300, and I got to keep my panties on!

;-)
nonamedufus said…
Tsk, tsk, 00dozo. I guess we can see why he's your ex. ;)
00dozo said…
I'm not one to 'foot' the bill.
Nicky said…
Why spend $0 on walking around outdoors to get the blood flowing when you can spend $300?

Maybe the knickers thing is part of the sales pitch: please buy our useless gizmo so Judith can finally afford some underwear. Please. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY!!
Linda Medrano said…
If I didn't wear knickers I wouldn't advertise it. Well, maybe I would because that's how I roll sometimes. Most of the time I'm all for knickers. You can get pneumonia if you get too much breeze in places. On the other hand, there are times when everything should be aired out for a while. I even take my plants outside for fresh air. I'm not sure what blood circulating has to do with that machine thing, but I really doubt I'd want to suck it or see Judith suck it either.
nonamedufus said…
I think I'll get one and wear it in the front of my pants.
nonamedufus said…
lol...for me it's too late. The damage has been done with that image locked in my brain.
nonamedufus said…
And I didn't mean to be a "heel".
Angela Knutsen said…
She was a presenter on BBC radio 4's Woman's Hour for many years (Don't know who set up her Wikipedia page - it's too vague) I remember she and Jack Nicolson got on very well together when she interviewed him. As I left the UK many years ago, I don't think I ever saw her on TV. Now I know what she looks like!

Looking for new blogs to read? ExposeYourBlog!
Angela Knutsen said…
Oops, got her mixed up with Jenni Murray....
Boom Boom Larew said…
So, she's famous for going commando? You can get an OBE for that?
nonamedufus said…
Well, gosh, Angela thanks for illuminating us. Glad I could help you put the name with the face!
nonamedufus said…
Angela. What? We took you at your word. A lot of help you are. BTW here's a pic of Jenni...
nonamedufus said…
Oh yeah! She's an Old Broad that's Eccentric. An OBE!
nonamedufus said…
Meleah, get a grip.
nonamedufus said…
Right here, my dear...

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies