Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies










Comments

The Japanese cartoons sum up the week well... sadly.
nonamedufus said…
Boom Boom: Yeah, they don't have to be funny to make their point.
00dozo said…
I only wish it were another Charlie Sheen meltdown.
nonamedufus said…
00dozzo: So I read where he has better popularity numbers than Sarah Palin. What's next, the Rock Star From Mars Party?
Anonymous said…
Can you work on finding some funny cartoons next time? ;)

Now like Boom Boom, I'm sad. :(
nonamedufus said…
U.P.: I'll see what I can do.
Anonymous said…
Charlie has better pop numbers?

Let's see. I think it should be the WWM Party. Whiny Winning Meltdowns.

Or Two & A Half Winnings... (and all bases are loaded?).

hee hee

So sad for Japan, but the pics captured the sadness and harshness of their (and our) reality. *sigh*

Let me go back to thinking about Charlie Sheen. Who knew HE could be such a pick me up?

*grin*
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: You know the situation in Japan is very, very sad. But what's sadder is that it took a tragedy such as this to get our minds off of Charlie.

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.