Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Pamper-Clad Pugilists


Wow, I'm impressed. Who knew it only took a couple of bruised and battered babies to bring out the best in people! Ahem, maybe I should rephrase that.

This was a banner week for PPP both in the quantity and quality of captions. You folks floated like a butterfly and punned like Ali.

For instance Boom Boom, who knows a little bit about my family, threw a left hook with:

Whitey vs. Killer?
Whitey! Winning!



Quirkyloon weighed in with:

Charlie and Emilio show off their winning ways.



Chris@Knucklehead got ready to rumble with:

Llllllllet's get ready to ... WAAAAAAH!!!!



00dozo threw this jab:

After enticing Curly to punch himself bare fisted in the eye, Moe has an epiphany for a future vaudeville routine.



But I thought Jamie scored a knock-out with:

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY touches my sippy cup!!

Who-hoo Jamie. You be hangin' with the dufus this week. Way to go, guy. Congratulations. Feel free to grab that dufus pic up there to display on your blog, man.

And to everyone else, thanks for playing along. Now click on the links and visit each other. Keep your hands up. Don't let down your guard. But feel free to leave a little jab here and there.

Now go back to your corners and come out commenting!


Comments

Phillipia said…
Congrats, Jamie. I laughed out loud when I read that entry:).
Me-Me King said…
My day is complete because I stopped here first this morning and had a sing-a-long with the Mounties.

Congrats to the winner!

Have a great day, Dufus.

(whistling)Ohhhhh, I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay.
nonamedufus said…
Phillipa: Wasn't that great? With 3 little grandkids - 2 of them twins - I identified with that one.
nonamedufus said…
Me Me: Good to see you around! Keep cuttin' down trees, eat your lunch and go to the lavatory...
00dozo said…
You really filled up the ringside seats this week, dufus!

Congrats, Jamie!

And congrats to the other honourables. Thanks for the mention, too.

;-)
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: Yeah there was quite a reaction to our battling babies this week. Glad you could play along.
Anonymous said…
Ah! Welcome to Jaime! That was a good one.

And thanks to Mr. Nomesters for finding gems of pics for us to caption!

Yay!
Nobody, and I mean NOBODY touches Jamie with that caption!
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Yep, good on Jamie. And I'll keep posting those pics as long as I can keep finding them.
nonamedufus said…
Boom Boom: It was a great caption. Kind of like the kid's version of "hands off my beer!".
that was very funny guys :)
nonamedufus said…
IWBY: It was a good week here. Funny stuff.
K A B L O O E Y said…
Good job, guys. I like that grandstanding baby on the left.
nonamedufus said…
KABLOOEY: Hey, there's a sippy cup at stake here.
meleah rebeccah said…
Congrats to Jamie! That was seriously hilarious!
nonamedufus said…
meleah rebeccah: I loved that caption.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies