Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies - Canadian Election Edition


Canadians go to the polls tomorrow. As we headed down to the wire last week there were some great editorial cartoons.










Comments

Nicky said…
Ha! Loved that last one.
nonamedufus said…
Nicky: These are kind of limited to a Canadian sphere of interest but funny none the less.
Anonymous said…
I can see Jack is popular in Quebec ... But is that how the bloc advertises ?
Anonymous said…
Ha! You know what? Politics are universal so all of these made me laugh! I could so easily insert so and so's face here or there.

Ha!

And...who got married?

heh heh
nonamedufus said…
Jaffer: Yeah the Bloc have a pic of Duceppe and the words "Parlons Qc". Go figure. Don't forget to vote!
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: I'm glad they translated well. Who got married? I dunno. We lost power here for two days last week. The upside to that was we couldn't have watched all that monarchist bull crap even if we had wanted to. haha
00dozo said…
I think they're gonna have to open up the bars at 10 a.m. for this election.
;-)
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: I don't think they have that law anymore where you can't drink until the polls close. Just in case, though, I've been stocking up!
I'm so upset... they won't let me vote for you, Dufus, just because I'm an American. Where is that Canadian spirit of friendship and international relations when you need it? Eh?
nonamedufus said…
Boom Boom: The only thing I'd run for is dinner when they call my name. But I appreciate the thought.
Janna said…
I like the royal wedding one! :)
nonamedufus said…
Janna: You know something. I think more Canadians watched the royal wedding than will turn out to vote tomorrow! Hmmm...
Quirkyloon said…
Ha! You know what? Politics are universal so all of these made me laugh! I could so easily insert so and so's face here or there.

Ha!

And...who got married?

heh heh

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.