Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Pinned


You guys never disappoint. I just keep throwing weird pictures out there and each week the captions get better and better. This week I have a dilemma. What with The Rapture and all I kind of got carried away and in a last ditch effort to demonstrate what a swell guy I am ('cause I heard the Lord was back and this time he's pissed) I've decided to proclaim two winners this week. When you see their captions I think you'll agree. First up our honourable mentions...

If this looks painful, you should see which part of his body the other 37 clothespins are attached to.



Nathan the Nerd prepared for another wild evening of battling Sonic the Hedgehog.



Put on Broadway plays in your own home! Available for immediate shipment, the first release of Play-In-A-Box from Ronco - Lion King Edition. Call now operators are standing by.
Bryant Hutchinson



"I ran out of Pro-activ. I had to do something for my Pimples."
Raymond



And our winners?

Osama Pin Laden



What happens when you ask a woman with PMS to do your laundry.

Ha, ha you guys are too much. Congrats to you both. You be hangin' with dufus this week. I don't know, though. If some of the things I've read are true we might all be hangin' after 6pm EST today. And just as I was beginning to slide into Canada's two-four holiday weekend. I was gonna invite you guys to join me. But with the end of the world and all...

Comments

quirkyloon said…
I knew 00dozo had won it! I couldn't stop laughing at her caption! Congrats! And... you should still invite us... especially with the impending apocalypse... Might as well go out partying.

hee hee

And there will be DDP, no?
00dozo said…
The Raptors? Hell, I thought they got booted out for the NBA title. Oh, right - my eyeballs. Never mind.


Thanks, dufus! And thanks, Quirks (for your comment and the other awards)!

Congrats to Sir Rodney, ruler extraordinaire of Metal Poo, my co-winner - you do realize we are both going to hell in a pin basket? Heh, heh.

Congrats, too, to to all the honourable mentions:

@ We Took The Bait (assuming it was Jeremy's entry): Do you really think you're THAT big? Or did you Macgyver a new baconator? Heh, heh.

@Boom Boom: Nerdy is as nerdy does. No no wonder you became a teacher. Some truly need guidance.

@Bryant: I, too, thought of the "Lion King" but couldn't come up with anything - good one!

@Raymond: Everybody love you.

Hey, humankind is expected to end in approximately three hours - I think I'm entitled to my "Hamlet" moment.


Heh, heh.
nonamedufus said…
Of course there'll be DDP. What's the end of the world without Dr Pepper?
nonamedufus said…
Yeah the Raptors, and their fans, already experienced the end of the world. Congrats, 00dozo.
Boom Boom Larew said…
The O's have it this week! Hooray for 00dozo & Moooooog! Let the rapture begin.
nonamedufus said…
Oh my you're on to something!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales From The Supermarket

Bob and Brenda worked in the supermarket. They weren't check-out clerks. And they weren't stock-boys. Brenda sure wasn't. And they weren't employees who worked in the fish section or the deli. No. They were on the shelves.

They hadn't been on the shelves very long but in that short time they'd developed a considerably close friendship.

The chatted all day when the store was busy and at night when the store was closed. They talked about everything. The talked about what raw products they came from. The talked about their manufacturing processes. And they talked about the long routes in semi-trailers that brought them to this store.

Oddly enough the one thing they never made clear to one another was just what product each of them was.

One day when Brenda was commenting on their friendship she told Bob she was grateful for their amity. "Are you Tea?" said Bob, pekoe-ing her way. "I thought I was Tea". You're coffee!"

This week's Tw…

My Back Pages - November

I read five books last month bringing my year to date total to 61, well past the 50 I estimated at the beginning of the year. And I've yet to get through December.

The month started out with The Nix, the debut novel by Nathan Hill which has been receiving a lot off positive reviews. In it Hill flips back and fourth from the 1968 Chicago protests and 2011 in a desperate search for the truth behind why his mother abandoned him at an early age. In between Hill takes on politics, the media and addiction as well as other aspects of society. It's a well-spun tale and I quite enjoyed reading it.

Next up was the auto-biographical I Am Brian Wilson of Beach Boys fame. This was somewhat of a scattered affair but an interesting read nonetheless. Wilson - or his ghostwriter - however is no Hemingway.

Then it was on to one of my favourite authors, Ian Rankin and his latest tale of now retired Inspector John Rebus, Rather Be The Devil. I never tire of these stories and this is the 21st in …