Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Pairs of Military Puns



TEN-HUT!

Our captioners came well armed this week. Even though I thought this was the guy they originally hired before Tom Cruise to tell Jack Nicholson that he couldn't handle the truth. But I digress.

laughingmom marched right in with:

Hey! Who stole my bugle?!?



Last week's winner Raymond demonstrated a little rear guard action with:

And then Louie sat on his bayonet.



Perennial runner-up 00dozo lobbed this one in:

Sgt. Stern suddenly discovers he was unsuccessful in squeaking
out a "silent one" during troop inspection.



But it was LOTGK who made me surrender with:

A very rare military photo of comedian Jerry Lewis
HEY LADY!!!


You know when I see LOTGK's acronym I always think of that Andy Kaufman character on TAXI - Latka or else I think of the simplest model of predator-prey interactions known as the Lotka-Volterra. Believe me this model's no Victoria Secret. But, hey, that's a story for a whole other time. But, nope, it really stands for Lurking On The Grassy Knoll. Hey, I do my research!

Congratulations LOTGK. You be hangin' with dufus this week. Should we grab a brewski or sumpin'? Way to go, guy.

And again thanks to all for playing. Click on these guys links and see just how funny they can be on their own blogs. Tell 'em dufus sent ya.

***

Oh, and before I let you go I just wanted to clear up a misconception several of you had in the comments to yesterday's post. Some of you thought that bobble head of Our Green Party leader Elizabeth May bore an uncanny resemblance to America's Republican candidate Sarah Palin. Well, you be the judge.

Elizabeth May - The Anne of Green Gables Candidate


Sarah Palin - The Out Of This World Candidate

Comments

Jaffer said…
Hahaha... "Anne of 'Green' Gables" ... dignified.
00dozo said…
It's pretty quiet today on the Northern front, eh dufus??

Congrats LOTGK! I knew your 'name' had something to do with conspiracy theories but like dufus, I generally misread it as 'potato pancake'.
;-)

Congrats, too, to the other honourables. Thanks for another mention dufus.

And I don't think Elizabeth May looks anything like Palin - JMHO. She does, however, remind me of "Annie" from the movie Misery.
;-)
Anonymous said…
Ah! She's a cross between Kathy Bates and Sarah Palin!

Now I have NO clue what she stands for Noname? But based on this ONE observation alone...

Don't VOTE for her.

hee hee hee

And congrats to LOTGA! (hee hee) I know, I know it's LOTGK. I just kinda prefer the LOTGA. Can't it be Laughing On The Grassy AREA? Or Anus?

Ha!
nonamedufus said…
Jaffer: I thought she really looked like A of GG grown up, sorta.
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: Yeah, latkes, that was the other one. And now that you mention it May does look like Cathy Bates. If elected she'd probably give us nothing but misery. hahahaha
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: She's the environmental candidate; head of the Green Party. And she already is standing. (She's quite short.)
LOTGK said…
I must confess, I was going with Latka but I never knew how to spell his name. Thanks for clearing that up. This now gives a whole new meaning to my blog.

But, the silver lining, maybe now the conspiracy that Andy Kauffman is still alive can now be put to rest.

*Ps: I knew the blackmail photo I sent you would get me a win this week.
nonamedufus said…
LOTGK: Photo, what photo?

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies