Skip to main content

Happy Canada Day

It's July 1st.  Canada's birthday.  Fire up the grill and crack open a cold one.


Speaking of which, nothing defines some of us Canadians better than our love of beer.  It ranks right up there with, um, ah, our love of hockey.  Sit back, relax, and take a look at the true meaning of I Am Canadian...











Comments

00dozo said…
Fun stuff! ;-)

Happy Canada Day, dufus!! I miss the beer. So, have one for me, eh!

Enjoy the weekend!
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: While they had great commercials I hate Molson beer. I always thought it tasted skunky. I'll be celebrating with a Corona or two.
Anonymous said…
I just cracked open a diet dr. pepper and now I salute you as my favorite Canadian!

*burp*

Dang, that's good stuff!

Happy Canada Day!
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Did you know Dr. Pepper was originally called a Waco, because of where it was invented? Just sayin'.
Dr. Pepper's not Canadian...what the heck?!? Sorry, I was going off on Quirkster's comment.

As for your post, happy birthday, Canada. I'll have to pick up some Molson later.
nonamedufus said…
UR: Thanks my friend. Did you know Molson is owned by Coors? Labatt's is owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev? Sleeman's is owned by Sapporro? The only "major" independent Canadian brewery is Moosehead. And I'm not gonna be drinking something called that! Oh, and have a happy 4th!
Happy Canuck Day, NoName. Have I mentioned that I love Canada? I really do, you know. I want to live in Vancouver, specifically near Granville Island. It's my dream. That and spending a night with Evangeline Lilly and case of Molson -- assuming my wife was dead, of course, because I wouldn't even think of it otherwise.
Nothing like a little Canadian for the holidays! I'm headed up to the Thousand Islands next week... I'll look toward the northern shore and lift a Molson in your honor, Dufus!
nonamedufus said…
Mike: Been to Vancouver many times - a great city. Granville Island is cool. The Cannery restaurant there is great. Thanks for the Canada Day wishes. Happy Independence Day weekend to you, guy.
nonamedufus said…
Boom-Boom: Here, here. What a beautiful spot - the Thousand Islands. Better you drink a Molson than I - blechh! But it's the thought that counts. Happy 4th.
00dozo said…
Fun stuff! ;-)

Happy Canada Day, dufus!! I miss the beer. So, have one for me, eh!

Enjoy the weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.