Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies

Comments

CatLadyLarew said…
I think I'd do myself in if I had to be Lindsay Lohan's cellmate.
nonamedufus said…
CL: Boy, if those fingernails could talk, eh?
00dozo said…
Heh heh - the soccer ones are great!

You know it's a slow news day when Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy are pre-empted by an overpaid professional ball player's arrival in Miami. An entire hour?? Really? And, no, I didn't watch it.
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: I watched the ESPN/TSN special hour coverage of his announcement. What a waste of time. I wonder how much he made off of it? Never since, the Gretzky trade from Edmonton to LA have I watched such a silly spectacle.
Don said…
ESPN won is right! Of course James didn't fare too badly either...
Quirkyloon said…
I always look forward to Sunday Funnies.

Another excellent and snort worthy collection Sir Nomie!

So Lady Liberty wears a bikini under her robes, eh? Who knew she was so progressive? I thought for sure she would wear one of those old fashioned puffy bathing suits. (I'm sure there's as name for them, but I'm too lazy to google it).

hee hee
nonamedufus said…
Don: ESPN got the viewers, I'm sure. They sucked me in. But I wonder what they gave Lebron for that exclusive hour?
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: I'm glad you enjoy my journey across the editorial pages of America in search of the best/funniest/most thought-provoking cartoons each week.

"She wore an itsy bitsy teenie weenie polka dot bikini"!
00dozo said…
I read somewhere that James' presence on the team is expected to generate more tourism. WTF? If I'm going to Miami, it's not going to be for b-ball, even if I could get tickets.

Ha - I completely missed the "Future of America" toon. Yep, there is still hope that Canada will overrun the U.S., one way or another.
;-)
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: They better hope it generates tourism. They've got to find the $s for his salary somewhere.

Oh, and the future of the US? Victory through bird poop!
I think that's it's true. It's not the heat. It's the humidity. ;)

And I agree with the comic about the Canada Goose Poop. I think there's about only one good thing Canada has brought us: Red Green. OK, wait, two good things: Red Green and nonamedufus. That ought to assuage your ego for a while. :)
nonamedufus said…
UR: Awwww... shucks. **gets head stuck in doorway, leaving the room**

Popular posts from this blog

Tales From The Supermarket

Bob and Brenda worked in the supermarket. They weren't check-out clerks. And they weren't stock-boys. Brenda sure wasn't. And they weren't employees who worked in the fish section or the deli. No. They were on the shelves.

They hadn't been on the shelves very long but in that short time they'd developed a considerably close friendship.

The chatted all day when the store was busy and at night when the store was closed. They talked about everything. The talked about what raw products they came from. The talked about their manufacturing processes. And they talked about the long routes in semi-trailers that brought them to this store.

Oddly enough the one thing they never made clear to one another was just what product each of them was.

One day when Brenda was commenting on their friendship she told Bob she was grateful for their amity. "Are you Tea?" said Bob, pekoe-ing her way. "I thought I was Tea". You're coffee!"

This week's Tw…

My Back Pages - October

Well, folks, I read seven (count 'em) seven books in October. One I didn't finish but even at that I hit the magic number 50 I estimated for myself by the end of the year. The six books I successfully waded through were, firstly, What Happened, Hillary Clinton's book on her bid for the Presidency. I''m a bit of a political junkie so I get off on this stuff but still it kinda struck me as one long whine over losing.
Next up was the excellent Canyon of Dreams: The Magic and Music of Laurel Canyon. Laurel Canyon was the fabled area outside of Los Angeles where many musicians and artists lived. Known as a 60s enclave, the book takes a look at just who lived there over the last 80 years. A fascinating read.
Next up was Lightfoot, a biography of Canadian folk singer Gordon Lightfoot. He may have been responsible for some iconic folk songs but he was also quite the womanizer and boozer. Enough said.
Then I read Dan Brown's new tome Origin, the fifth in the Robert Lan…