Wee Winky Twinky -I wonder if she's related to Wee Willie Winkie - last week got this award thingy...the Premiere Meme Award or some such thing. To keep it she had to share with folks her 7 innermoist thoughts - did I say that? Musta been thinking about something else - 7 i-n-n-e-r-m-o-s-t thoughts and then pick 7 bloggers to whom she would pass the award - and the meme. Bloggers - like me - are of two minds about these things. They enjoy the recognition of their colleagues and the bit of a bump in traffic it might bring but they hate talking about themselves and they hate passing these things on to their blogging buddies. Having said that, one of Winky's picks was me! So Winky, thanks - I think.
So given the sensitivity of some bloggers - who shall remain nonameless - here's what I propose to do. I'll take the award (well, hey, wouldn't you?) but here's how I'll handle the 7+7. First, I propose to share my 7 innermost thoughts...about celebrities on Twitter.
1. On Twitter much was made last week of The Bloggess http://twitter.com/TheBloggess being "blocked" by William Shatner http://twitter.com/WilliamShatner. Yes, that William Shatner. In the words of his Star Fleet buddy "That wasn't logical". And in the words of another Federation flunky Goddess should have told him "Damn it Jim, I'm a blogger".
2. Twitter-holic Kirstie Alley http://twitter.com/kirstiealley was carrying a running fued with the National Inquirer last week because of a cover story they carried saying the overweight actress had four weeks to live. I didn't actually read the story, but it may have had something to do with a 24-7 all-you-can-eat buffet.
3. John Mayer http://twitter.com/johncmayer - get a life and play some funky music white boy.
4. Pamela Anderson http://twitter.com/PamelaDAnderson I love your tweets. Both of them.
5. Michael Waltrip http://twitter.com/mw55 you are one of the funniest people on Twitter - and you drive race cars for a living? Whatever you do don't let Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Twitter. He's funny enough in person. "Dale, hello Dale..."
6. Pete Wentz http://twitter.com/petewentz get some sleep.
7. Charles Manson http://twitter.com/MansonTweets, Squeeky Fromme's out of prison and you're not. Get over it.
Now, the other piece of business. I DON'T award the Premiere Meme award to the following folks. (But they can still pay it forward if they so wish.) Be sure to visit these funny blogs. They're some of my favourites...and I still want them to talk to me.
And that's my take on the no-meme meme.