Skip to main content

To The Victor Go The Spoils

Okay, I realize I'm taking a chance here running a post about fantasy football. Whenever I do comments for some reason simply plummet. Be thankful it isn't a post of a three day Facebook thread. Those get next to no comments. But on the football thing I think people just go "Oh, no, dufus is rambling on about fantasy football again" and they cover their ears and go "la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la." But, folks, I'm doing so well these days I just had to share. I know it's not about zombies, cute dogs or cryptologists - items that have readers flock to other blogs to leave effusive comments, but, hey, give a guy a break. Look at this as dufus occupies blog street. For today, guys, hold your nose and pass the football.


Yeah, that's me. They don't call me Mr. Tibbs. They call me noname "victor" dufus. In week 7 your humble fantasy football fanatic squeaked by Future Ex-Cons 104-90. It's not the biggest margin for a win. But it's a win nonetheless.

nonames' QB, Mr. Rodgers, had another wonderful day in the neighbourhood, racking up 35 fantasy points. Why was the win so narrow? Seems FE-C had a running back named Adrian Peterson who garnered 28 points. That was a close one, Troi. Good effort, guy.

With our win nonames moves into 3rd spot in the HBFFL. That's right. This fantasy noname neophyte has slipped into 3rd place folks, with a record of 5-2-0.

Well, last week, when I was in 4th spot, I was telling Bourbon BlastersPredator Press andPurple Drank to start looking over their shoulders. Guys? One down. Two to go. Bourbon Blasters lost to my Penn State pal Unfinished Person. Thanks, UP.

So much for the "victor" part. Now let me tell you how week 8 may well be spoiled.

It'll be a miracle if I move out of 3rd spot in week 8, unless it's down, because Mr. Rodgers, a Running Back, my 2 Kickers and my Defence are all on byes.

Damn, fame can be fleeting. Sometimes fantasy football sucks. 

Bourbon Blasters goes down for the count at the hands of the nonames.


This article first appeared at The Humor Bloggers Fantasy Football League Blog.

Comments

Linda Medrano said…
Wow! I love this post! And I love those pictures. I didn't understand what you wrote but I loved it nonetheless. It was moving, uplifting, and sexy as hell. Or something else I really can't describe.
00dozo said…
* Yaaawn *

Kidding.

104-90?? Really? Sounds more like a final score in a basketball game not a football game. Then again, I know nothing about "Fantasy Football" or any other fantasy stuff - oh, wait ... never mind.

Anyway, Go nonames!!! Good luck in week 8.

;-)

P.S. When do I get my finger?
nonamedufus said…
I knew you'd love it. It was the reference to cute dogs that probably did it.
nonamedufus said…
I'm giving it to you now.
nonamedufus said…
Okay, okay I found one of those foam fingers you wanted...
Linda Medrano said…
Naw, it was just how you used all them pretty words so nice.
nonamedufus said…
Shucks, Linda, blow in my ear and I'll follow you anywhere. My wife likes to say she's a football widow. When she says that I tell her what Erma Bombeck once said: "Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare. They are consumed in 12 minutes. Half-times take 12 minutes. This is not a coincidence."
00dozo said…
Why, thank you. Thank you very much.
;-)
00dozo said…
Actually, I was gonna wager on how many individual commenters you would have on this post. Excluding Linda (now that's a surprise - a welcome one, I'm sure), but including myself, I figured about four.

;-)
nonamedufus said…
Well so far there's 3. And that's counting myself. Yet if you Linda and I keep up our exchanges it raises the comment count!
Linda Medrano said…
Truthfully, Alex and I both like football. We watch the 49ers and the Raiders. The 49ers were my team back when Joe Montana and Steve Young made it really exciting. This year is sort of shaping up too!
nonamedufus said…
Ah, the good old days of the 49ers.
Nicky said…
Muhammed Ali played football? Congratulations Dufus! But when are you going to join a hockey pool like a real Canadian?
nonamedufus said…
Inside joke...that top picture really is of guy named Victor.

I don't follow hockey, don't know enough about it to get into a fantasy league. Wait a minute. That's how I got into fantasy football.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies