Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Preposterous Piercing


Hey, look who was hangin' with the dufus this week. Yep, my good pal Barry O. I was giving the guy a little economic advice, you know, seeing how we're so solvent north of the border. And look what the guy did. He framed my avatar. Naturally I autographed it for him because he's going to hang it in a very special place at the White House:

"Barack, I'll think of you when I occupy the bathroom."

So let's get down to things and maybe I can enlighten you on who will be hangin' with me this week.

Remember this guy?


Yeah, that's right. Debby Boone's husband. He really light's up her life. Well here's what some other folks said to make it into the honourable mentions this week:



Ladies this is why you never wait until last call to make your choice



Is that a lighter in yor tongue, or are you just glad to see me?



You think that's bad? You should see his penis.



Hey dig my new subwoofers.



*drum roll* and the winner of Pause Ponder and Pun #103 is *rim shot*

You don't even want to know where he keeps his smokes.



I quit smoking about 15 years ago, so I don't really care...but I can imagine. Way to go Nicki, you be hanging' with the dufus this week. If you wanna hang out, though, you better leave your smokes at home but maybe you could make us something fun with...cheese. What do you think? Is that a gouda-dea or what, ma belle amie?

Comments

Shawn said…
Thanks for the honourable mention but I was serious. You should see his penis.

Never mind... Congrats Nicky.
nonamedufus said…
No thanks. I can only imagine. By the way, how do you know what his penis looks like?
Shawn said…
He sent me an email.
http://www.stubbornfool.com/2011/10/real-title-would-have-prevented.html
nonamedufus said…
Ah, well that explains things. You know I read that first sentence and thought it said "Some people wonder how to get rid of sperm". Silly me.
Nicky said…
NO WAY!!!! I won?! Woot!! And I didn't even have to bribe you or flatter you or trash the other contestants! Who knew you could win a contest that way? Thanks Dufus!! I'm getting the cheese platter ready right now.
nonamedufus said…
Oh, way, Nicky. Whey to go Cheese Lady.
quirkyloon said…
Gouda's kinda pungent.

But if that's the way you and Nicky roll... or hang... more power to the both of youse!

heh heh

Congrats to all!
nonamedufus said…
It has to be gouda. Nicky doesn't like when I havarti, Or when I full farty.

Popular posts from this blog

My Back Pages - October

Well, folks, I read seven (count 'em) seven books in October. One I didn't finish but even at that I hit the magic number 50 I estimated for myself by the end of the year. The six books I successfully waded through were, firstly, What Happened, Hillary Clinton's book on her bid for the Presidency. I''m a bit of a political junkie so I get off on this stuff but still it kinda struck me as one long whine over losing.
Next up was the excellent Canyon of Dreams: The Magic and Music of Laurel Canyon. Laurel Canyon was the fabled area outside of Los Angeles where many musicians and artists lived. Known as a 60s enclave, the book takes a look at just who lived there over the last 80 years. A fascinating read.
Next up was Lightfoot, a biography of Canadian folk singer Gordon Lightfoot. He may have been responsible for some iconic folk songs but he was also quite the womanizer and boozer. Enough said.
Then I read Dan Brown's new tome Origin, the fifth in the Robert Lan…

Tales From The Supermarket

Bob and Brenda worked in the supermarket. They weren't check-out clerks. And they weren't stock-boys. Brenda sure wasn't. And they weren't employees who worked in the fish section or the deli. No. They were on the shelves.

They hadn't been on the shelves very long but in that short time they'd developed a considerably close friendship.

The chatted all day when the store was busy and at night when the store was closed. They talked about everything. The talked about what raw products they came from. The talked about their manufacturing processes. And they talked about the long routes in semi-trailers that brought them to this store.

Oddly enough the one thing they never made clear to one another was just what product each of them was.

One day when Brenda was commenting on their friendship she told Bob she was grateful for their amity. "Are you Tea?" said Bob, pekoe-ing her way. "I thought I was Tea". You're coffee!"

This week's Tw…