Skip to main content

My Pneumonia



A great song. And a terrible cold.

My Pneumonia - apologies to The Knack

Oh you're such a nasty one, nasty one.
When you gonna let me feel fine, pneumonia?
Ooh, you make my nostrils run, my nostrils run
Runs, it's comin' out like wine, pneumonia
Never gonna stop, full of snot
Blow my nose a lot. Never let it up when I touch
or rub my eyes, fraught. My my my ah-ah-choo. M-M-M-My pneumonia.

Don't come any closer, huh, ah dontcha, huh
I will cough all over you, pneumonia.
Sneezing is a mystery, makes me weep
Running down the length of my cheeks, pneumonia
Never gonna stop, I'm all hot
And I cough a lot. Never let it up when I touch
or rub my eyes, shot. My my my ah-ah-choo. M-M-M-My pneumonia.

Why'd you have to give it to me, give it to me.
Is it just some mucus and slime, pneumonia?
Are my eyes watery, watery
Or is it just a game in my mind, pneumonia

Never gonna stop, I'm all hot
And I cough a lot. Never let it up when I touch
or rub my eyes, shot. My my my ah-ah-choo. M-M-M-My pneumonia.

And here's the original...



Comments

Steve Bailey said…
Nice!!! I would now like to see... My Dimensia... though I think it would be tough to remember each verse!
Linda Medrano said…
Shit! It's pneumonia? That is nothing to fool around with. When you get sick, don't just ride the wave for a while. Go to the doctor. You really need to stay in bed and let this stuff pass. It's very serious. Now I'm really worried. Don't worry so much about infecting someone else. Bacterial pneumonia doesn't really spread so easily. I'm really sorry John. Push fluids too.
nonamedufus said…
Not sure I'd know where to start.
nonamedufus said…
I don't know if it's pneumonia bit it's bad. Good thing I have someone here that sounds just like you to look after me. I think I put the moan in pneumonia!
00dozo said…
Haha! Love your twisted tunes. Sorry you're still under the weather. Stay in bed and get well.

;-)
nonamedufus said…
Well it's easy to do the first. Believe me, I'm working on the second. Thanks, 00dozo.
Quirkyloon said…
Dufus! This is serious! Me no likey. Please take good care of yourself and do like everyone else already said... rest, fluids, and cheesecake.

Well... I think I'm adding the cheesecake. It always makes me feel better, so hopefully it will you too!
nonamedufus said…
I haven't tried cheesecake. Can you send me some?

Popular posts from this blog

Tales From The Supermarket

Bob and Brenda worked in the supermarket. They weren't check-out clerks. And they weren't stock-boys. Brenda sure wasn't. And they weren't employees who worked in the fish section or the deli. No. They were on the shelves.

They hadn't been on the shelves very long but in that short time they'd developed a considerably close friendship.

The chatted all day when the store was busy and at night when the store was closed. They talked about everything. The talked about what raw products they came from. The talked about their manufacturing processes. And they talked about the long routes in semi-trailers that brought them to this store.

Oddly enough the one thing they never made clear to one another was just what product each of them was.

One day when Brenda was commenting on their friendship she told Bob she was grateful for their amity. "Are you Tea?" said Bob, pekoe-ing her way. "I thought I was Tea". You're coffee!"

This week's Tw…