Skip to main content

Sunday Funnies - Royal Tour Edition











Comments

quirkyloon said…
Ha! The go outside one rang so true. And I wanna touch Will and Kate! They're magically delicious! hee hee And the artist depiction of Casey Anthony's lips was spot on! (I guess pun intended..hee hee).

Another great selection Mr. Nonamedufus!
nonamedufus said…
I was out on the patio yesterday enjoying the sun...and my laptop!
Love the Casey Anthony ones...even though I'm not sure I personally get the comparison to O.J., but I still think that's the funniest comic of the day. Hey, bonus I actually get the Canadian cartoons this time around :).
00dozo said…
There are times I'm glad I'm not in Canada.
;-)

Good picks this week.
nonamedufus said…
Someone recently said about Casey Anthony that she's spending less time in prison than we all did watching her trial. On the royals, I think they got more media play there than Casey Anthony did here.
nonamedufus said…
What, you don't want to stop what you're doing for 10 days and throw yourself in front of the TV to see some royal rug rats visit your country? What's wrong with you?
Nicky said…
Wait, Will and Kate were here?
nonamedufus said…
They were even in Montreal. You were probably still in your New Jersey afterglow and didn't notice.
Junebug said…
If Will and Kate did those things in Calgary, I would so turn in to see it. Only I would add riding in a bobsled like Cool Runnings.
nonamedufus said…
They might have to wait to take on the bobsled run until December. You know, when the snow starts to fall? They did wear their white cowboy hats!

Popular posts from this blog

Tales From The Supermarket

Bob and Brenda worked in the supermarket. They weren't check-out clerks. And they weren't stock-boys. Brenda sure wasn't. And they weren't employees who worked in the fish section or the deli. No. They were on the shelves.

They hadn't been on the shelves very long but in that short time they'd developed a considerably close friendship.

The chatted all day when the store was busy and at night when the store was closed. They talked about everything. The talked about what raw products they came from. The talked about their manufacturing processes. And they talked about the long routes in semi-trailers that brought them to this store.

Oddly enough the one thing they never made clear to one another was just what product each of them was.

One day when Brenda was commenting on their friendship she told Bob she was grateful for their amity. "Are you Tea?" said Bob, pekoe-ing her way. "I thought I was Tea". You're coffee!"

This week's Tw…

My Back Pages - November

I read five books last month bringing my year to date total to 61, well past the 50 I estimated at the beginning of the year. And I've yet to get through December.

The month started out with The Nix, the debut novel by Nathan Hill which has been receiving a lot off positive reviews. In it Hill flips back and fourth from the 1968 Chicago protests and 2011 in a desperate search for the truth behind why his mother abandoned him at an early age. In between Hill takes on politics, the media and addiction as well as other aspects of society. It's a well-spun tale and I quite enjoyed reading it.

Next up was the auto-biographical I Am Brian Wilson of Beach Boys fame. This was somewhat of a scattered affair but an interesting read nonetheless. Wilson - or his ghostwriter - however is no Hemingway.

Then it was on to one of my favourite authors, Ian Rankin and his latest tale of now retired Inspector John Rebus, Rather Be The Devil. I never tire of these stories and this is the 21st in …