Skip to main content

The First Day of Christmas?

I'd like to thank a special lady for spurring me on...metaphorically speaking - I don't think she's into that kinda stuff...to compile this post today. Yep, you could say she inspired me. Mad Mad Margo over at Screaming Me-Me (how come you always have to repeat yourself) dissed me yesterday. Yeah, she got all up in my face about beating her to the punch with yesterday's post. Imagine that. She had it in mind to do the same post I did. I think you've been out in that Arizona desert sun for too long, my love.

Any-hoo, she said she was gonna do a 26-part series starting today called The Fractured ABC's of Christmas. And she challenged me to "scoop that"! Well I don't have a dog, and I usually hesitate when I hit 'P' in the alphabet, so instead I've decided upon the following. I'm gonna do my own little version of the Twelve Days of Christmas - dufus style.


A Partridge in a Pear Tree


Early? You bet. The twelve days of Christmas actually start December 25 and run to January 5. So here's my premature e-joculation... And I dedicate it to Mad Me-Me...

Oh, and because it's pretty much become second nature after a month of plugging them, here's the link to pun-aholics anonymous dot com, where Me-Me and I hang out with about 100 or so other depraved and destitute humour blogger types.

Oh! And, Me-Me? I compiled this yesterday and I've set it to post at 6:51 A.M. this morning, eastern standard time... or 4:51 where you are...is the sun up yet?

*clears throat* Ahem...me-me-me-me-me... (get it? See what I just did there?)


The Twelve Days of Christmas...Dufus Style

On the first day of Christmas
Mad Me-Me sent to me
A black man in a White House

Joe Cool or Shaft?

On the second day of Christmas
Mad Me-Me sent to me
Two Fox News commentators
Who can't interview a black man in a White House

Fox's pictures are worth a thousand digital alterations

On the third day of Christmas
Mad Me-Me sent to me
Three Tea-Baggers
Two Fox News commentators
Who can't interview a black man in a White House

On the fourth day of Christmas
Mad Me-Me sent to me
Four raving "birthers"
Three Tea-Baggers
Two Fox News commentators
Who can't interview a black man in a White House

Dobbs: Doesn't like Mexicans or Kenyans

On the fifth day of Christmas
'Cause it's Canada she sent
Five Olympic rings
Four raving "birthers"
Three Tea-Baggers
Two Fox News commentators
Who can't interview a black man in a White House

On the sixth day of Christmas
Mad Me-Me sent to me
Six governors a-laying
Five Olympic rings
Four raving "birthers"
Three Tea-Baggers
Two Fox News commentators
Who can't interview a black man in a White House

Yeah I can see the mix-up, Governor Sanford...
Appalachian and Argentina both have a lot of a's in them

On the seventh day of Christmas
Mad Me-Me sent to me
Seven-Up, not Diet Dr. Pepper, Quirks
Six governors a-laying
Five olympic rings
Four raving "birthers"
Three Tea-Baggers
Two Fox News commentators
Who can't interview a black man in a White House

On the eighth day of Christmas
Mad Me-Me sent to me
Eight hot pics of Sarah Palin
Seven-Up, not Diet Dr. Pepper, Quirks
Six governors a-laying
Five Olympic rings
Four raving "birthers"
Three Tea-Baggers
Two Fox News Commentators
Who can't interview a black man in a White House

Wow, those 'Live with Regis and Kelly' makeovers really rock!

On the ninth day of Christmas
Mad Me-Me sent to me
Nine former Glenn Beck advertisers
Eight hot pics of Sarah Palin
Seven-Up, not Diet Dr. pepper, Quirks
Six governors a-laying
Five Olympic rings
Four raving "birthers"
Three Tea-Baggers
Two Fox News Commentators
Who can't interview a black man in a White House

Follow the yellow-journalism road

On the tenth day of Christmas
Mad Me-Me sent to me
Bill O'Reilly a-leaping
Nine former Glenn Beck advertisers
Eight hot pics of Sarah Palin
Seven-Up, not Diet Dr. Pepper, Quirks
Six governors a-laying
Five Olympic rings
Four raving "birthers"
Three Tea-Baggers
Two Fox News commentators
Who Can't interview a black man in a White House

On the eleventh day of Christmas
Mad Me-Me sent to me
Eleven thousand more troops for Afghanistan
Bill O'Reilly a-leaping
Nine former Glenn Beck advertisers
Eight hot pics of Sarah Palin
Seven-Up, not Diet Dr. Pepper, Quirks
Six governors a-laying
Five Olympic rings
Four raving "birthers"
Three Tea-Baggers
Two Fox News Commentators
Who can't interview a black man in a White House

On the twelfth day of Christmas
Mad Me-Me sent to me
Twelve more songs by Michael Jackson
Eleven thousand more troops for Afghanistan
Bill O'Reilly a-leaping
Nine former Glenn Beck advertisers
Eight hot pics of Sarah Palin
Seven-Up not Diet Dr. Pepper, Quirks
Six governors a-laying
Gratuitous Canadian content
Those "birthers"
The Tea-Bagger guys
Two Fox News blatherers
And *salutes* the Afro-American White House Partridge Famm-i-lee

Beat It

P.S. To my two Arizona amigos: Quirkyloon's feelings might have been hurt by some of this post. Mad Mad Margo might have been ticked by the rest of it. And half of America's probably pissed off by now. Thank God half of America doesn't read my blog. As if.


***
Thanks to Rob Kroese for the Michael Moore pic, which I just had to pinch.
Thanks to Jad.blog for the O'Reilly motivational poster - it was so funny I stole it.


Comments

Sorcerer said…
lol!!! awesome!!

have a fantastic time ahead!!
Moooooog35 said…
I had a witty comment and then I got to the Sarah Palin thing and am lucky I have a free hand to type this now.

I realize it's doctored but, honestly, who carees?
Donnie said…
I'm sure Me-Me will have a little more to say this time than complaining about the time zone. At least I hope she does. That was good! Regis and Kelly workouts huh? Hmmm, not a bad gift idea.
nonamedufus said…
Sorcerer: Glad you enjoyed it.
nonamedufus said…
Moooooog: Well, I'm glad I got a rise out of you this morning.
nonamedufus said…
Don: I'm hoping she does too. I've thrown down the gauntlet. That's what happens when you forget to wear a belt.
Nooter said…
id hate for your ace scooping abilities to go unused so i will send you a little, umm, 'fodder'
Anonymous said…
I loved it! Completely!

No hurt feelings here. I got tougher skin than that Noname! hee hee

That was great and I can even forgive you for going the Seven Up route. Cuz, I'm forgiving that way.

*smile*
Now THAT's the way to ring in the holiday season! Well done, Dufus! (Even if you were hatin' on Dr Pepper... hatin' on Sarah Palin, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck & Fox News more than made up for it!)
Me-Me King said…
fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!
nonamedufus said…
Nooter: Actually I already got plenty, having won ettarose's piece of crap four times.
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: Ah good. One day I'm gonna do a post dedicated to diet Dr Pepper - I swear. But today it was 7-Up that just seemed to fit, ya know. Cheers.
nonamedufus said…
Cat Lady: Thank you ma'am. And, of course, I had to be the first! The lyrics, hunting, down the pics, the captions and the format took me about 3 hours. But it was worth it if I beat Me-Me to the punch. Ha, ha.
nonamedufus said…
Me-Me: That's it? That's the best ya got? Your comment says fa-la-la-la-la but you lips are saying something else that starts with "f"!
Anonymous said…
LOL! I am from Arizona, no offense taken.
nonamedufus said…
Christiejolu: I hope you dropped by Screaming Me-Me to get a sense of the other side of the story. She's got me all wrong, don't ya think?
Chris said…
Okay, as far as rhythm and meter, that song's friggin tough to sing. And believe me, I tried.
nonamedufus said…
DK: heh, heh, thanks for playing along.
Unknown said…
That was Cute!!
nonamedufus said…
Amy: I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Anonymous said…
I'm in awe! This is my first comment, but you are starting to rock it out of the park man... from a long time lurker.
nonamedufus said…
Anonymous: We welcome all denominations, here, including lurkers. Welcome, brother. Thanks for the comment.
Jad said…
*tips cap*

Glad to contribute to this funny post, even if it was only with a picture.
nonamedufus said…
Jad: I'm glad you enjoyed it. And I appreciate the "loan" of the pic. It was perfect.
Sorcerer said…
lol!!! awesome!!

have a fantastic time ahead!!
Jad said…
*tips cap*

Glad to contribute to this funny post, even if it was only with a picture.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies