Skip to main content

30 Days of Photos - Prelude


Are you ready for this?

I'm not.

Sure I like to take pictures.

But I'm not a photographer.

I'm not a master of light, focus, composition or zoom control.

I point and shoot.

And my camera of choice is my iPhone.

I was out yesterday taking pictures in preparation for next week's topics.

Not easy.

But challenging.

And it should be fun.

And to me, that's what this is all about. Fun. At least that'll be my take. Because, dammit Jim,  I'm not a photographer.

We kick off Sunday, April 1 - me and a handful of other bloggers. I'm not sure who all is involved in this little exercise. When I do find out I'll post them here so you can visit them all. I do know Mike from Too Many Mornings and Ziva at Ziva's Inferno are involved. This is their brainchild, after all. And they're both very accomplished photographers. I hate them both.

And Bryan from Unfinished, 00dozo from When I Reach and Nicky and Mike from We Work For Cheese will be snapping their little hearts out too. I shutter to think what they'll all come up with. (Um, that was a little pun, there.)

Because this endeavour will push aside my regular blog activities, I'll be posting Pause Ponder and Pun and Sunday Funnies to dufus dazemy other blog. I'll be sure to post a link each time.

And, as for 30 Days of Photos, I'll be posting a pic each day at 8am Eastern Daylight Time. Why? Because Ziva said so and she's the boss. She wants us to all flood the internet with our stunning masterpieces at the same time. For example, Ziva will be posting at 15:00 Eastern European Summer Time. But nasty Ziva left it to the rest of us to figure out just when that was in our time zones. Just so you know.

So get set for Sunday. And...

Smile!




Comments

00dozo said…
Hell, just because I have a digital SLR camera doesn't mean my pictures will be any better than yours (I'm still trying to figure out the functions of all of the damn buttons on the thing). It's going to be fun to see all of the photos, particularly the first one. If you ask me, I think Ziva and BonyMike thought that one up as an April Fools joke.

;-)
nonamedufus said…
Ohhh, a digital SLR. Well, excuuuuuuuse me. There are some tough ones over the 30 days, including the first day. I mean, how do you take a picture of silence?
Mikewj said…
If you think Silence is tough, imagine how hard it must be for me, Noname. Silence isn't my thing.
Mike said…
I'll be taking most of my pics with my phone too, mainly because it's easier. And yep, the categories sound tough, but it's also a good way to get creative.
Ziva said…
I am indeed the boss, and you just called the boss nasty. I'll have you know I own a riding crop and I'm not afraid to use it.
nonamedufus said…
Yeah, this should really be a challenge for you, Michael.
nonamedufus said…
Let's hear it for the camera phones!
nonamedufus said…
Did you say riding crop? Isn't that day 13, Ziva?
Ziva said…
Why yes, dufus, yes it is... I'm glad we agree. ;)
nonamedufus said…
Woo-hoo! Giddyup!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies