Skip to main content

Lies and the Lying Bloggers Who Tell Them

There's a saying that goes, "When I was a little boy, they called me a liar, but now that I am grown up, they call me a writer."

Leeuna, a very funny blogger at My Mind Wandered - and it never came back, and regular commenter here at nonamedufus has given me an award that reflects that saying.  Look at what it's called:


I don't know who the heck Lesa is.  I guess she started the award.  And she must have dreamed up the meme that goes with it.  Thanks.  I like memes about as much as a coffee enema.

It goes like this:
- thank the person who gave you the award
- copy the logo and place it on your blog
- link to the person who nominated you
- tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself and at least one outrageous truth, or vice-versa
- nominate seven "creative" writers
- post links to the blogs you nominate
- leave a comment on each blog letting them know they've won the award

Here are the lies/truths:

1. I once participated in the running of the bulls.  It was 1983 and five guys spent the evening in a bar trying to top each other with tall tales.  The more we drank the faster the bull ran.

2. My brother pushed me off the Eiffel Tower.  It happened in our backyard and "I fell" two feet off an overturned garbage can.

3. I love rock and roll, so put another dime in the jukebox, baby

4. I am Canadian, but I drink Mexican beer.

5.  The most interesting man in the world is a personal friend of mine, and he gets me my beer cheap.

6.  The most interesting woman in the world is my wife. (hubba-hubba, woo-hoo, know what I mean, wink, wink)

7. I'm a Tea Party fan.  I think that part of Alice in Wonderland is just hilarious.


Okay, now the seven "creative" writers. (Gee, somebody sure had a thing for 7s.)

Don at Beyond Left Field because this grumpy curmudgeon never fails to make me laugh

CL at How to Become a Cat Lady...Without The Cats because she's a terrific and humorous writer whom I really enjoy reading.

Frank Lee Meidere at I Don't Give a Damn because he doesn't.  But he's a thoughtful writer and great humourist - and he's Canadian!

My pal Quirks at Quirkyloon because she's one of my longest running fans and commenters.  I love her "slice of life" posts.  She makes me laugh every day.

Da Old Man at Crochety Old Man Yells at Cars just for surviving.  He's a funny guy but the poor fella's been in the hospital for nearly a year.  But he's got spunk as he continues to post about life among the cute nurses.  Get well soon, DOM.

Chris at Knucklehead because he's funny and his posts are extremely well written.  I don't know how he finds the time.  He's a full-time school principal.  But I'm glad he shares his thoughts with us.

And, finally, 00dozo at When I Reach.  She's a transplanted Canadian living in the Bahamas (life is tough, I know).  She's fairly new to the blogging business but she's funny and I like her and her stuff.

There are others, both active or currently on hiatus, or that have previously won this award, that are favourites of mine but, hey, I can only list 7.

Happy Memorial Day or Victoria Day folks, depending upon which side of the border you live.  And give these guys a visit.  They're very funny people.  Oh, yeah, and thanks Leeuna for the award.  I'll think of you during my next coffee enema!

Comments

00dozo said…
The first to comment, the last to be nominated, not that I'm displeased, but surprised and honoured that I made your list! Me, creative? Yeah, I'm workin' on it. Thanks for the award and your kind words.
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: Just trying to expose you to a larger audience. Keep up the good work.
Anonymous said…
Aw thanks Nomie! You da bomb diggity!

I already proudly boasted of my award.

Thanks again.

Now go and drink your tea. hee hee
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: I know, I left you a comment. Hey, if I ever want to visit you in Arizona, do you think they'd let me into the state?
Donnie said…
Thanks! What an honor-I think. Seriously, I love awards and recognition even if for lying. At least it proves I'm good at something! Yea me!!!
nonamedufus said…
Don: Hey, I didn't say you were a lier. I said you were "creative". ;)
nonamedufus said…
Don: or even a "liar" for that matter.
Chris said…
Thanks, Dufus! I appreciate the award and the kinds words.
nonamedufus said…
Chris: No problem. I really enjoy your stuff, guy.
Hey, thanks, Dufus! And I'm honored to be listed in such august company! I sure wish part of the prize was a trip to visit 00dozo in the Bahamas though... some liars have all the luck! Now, THAT would be a party if all the lucky liars could meet up there!
nonamedufus said…
CL: That would be a neat prize. Maybe we can work on her. Oh - and Happy Birthday!
Leeuna said…
Hey, dufus, you did a great job with the meme. However, I can't decide which one is the lie. Maybe number 7?
Anyway, your post was fun. You picked some great bloggers to pass it on to as well.
nonamedufus said…
Leeuna: I had some fun with this but gosh it took several hours to pull it together! #4 is true but more importantly so is #6. The rest are figments of my imagination.

5 of the 7 recipients acknowledged the award as you can see from the comments. Not bad, eh?

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies