Skip to main content

Sunshine of Your Love

I won an award - two actually.  Frank Lee MieDere at I Don't Give A Damn gave me a Sunshine Award May 10th in his post Is this irony? Or What?  (I guess Frank gives a damn after all!)


Then on May 17 00dozo at When I Reach also gave me a Sunshine Award in her post  But, Why Me?? I'm Just a Lowly Rookie!






Both of these blogger buddies said they admired me for keeping my sense of humour throughout my recent medical malady (that cancer treatment thingy).  


You may have noticed I was away for close to a month.  Yep.  But I'm back and things are getting better everyday.  I'm writing a couple of posts a week down, certainly, from my post a day.  So in the coming months my output will be down from what it used to be and I may cut back on the number of blogs I maintain.  We'll see.


I want to thank everyone for their e-mails, Tweets, Facebook messages and comments on my blog both before my procedure and after.  Some were very funny, others expressed concern, all were heartfelt and much appreciated.


And thanks to Frank and 00dozo for their sweet awards - thanks guys.


Now these awards come with certain conditions but screw that, I'm falling back on not being at full strength and thus am unable to carry those conditions out.


Instead, to all my loyal readers, commenters and drive-bys, I'm sending this out to you!





Comments

Nobody does Sunshine like you, Dufus! I'm so glad you're back!
Anonymous said…
I like your dose of sunshine! It rocks! (hee hee hee0
nonamedufus said…
CL: Thank you ma'am. Believe me it's good to be back.
nonamedufus said…
Quirks: When I think of sunshine, I always think of that song. Glad you enjoyed it.
00dozo said…
I was hesitant to use the "funnybone" reference in my post because I didn't know what kind of cancer you have (had?) - but I did look it up in your archives. Glad I didn't put my foot in my mouth.
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: You were bang on. Multiple Myeloma is a cancer of the bone marrow. I deeply appreciate you passing along this award to me. It was a very kind gesture. Thanks.
00dozo said…
Oh, dozo is me! I did forget to thank you for your nice comment in your post - and comment - and you are absolutely welcome! Um, but just between you and me, I was (hopefully) not referring to a different "bone", if you catch my drift? I usually get it right about half the time by accident.
;-)
Nicky said…
I haven't heard that song in forever! Now I can't get it out of my head - but in a good way! Congratulations on the award!
Leeuna said…
Congrats dufus. I just gave you another award. Come by my blog today and collect it if you have time. :)
nonamedufus said…
Nicky: Yeah, it's a great song. And thanks.
nonamedufus said…
Leeuna: Woo-hoo, another award? I'll be right there!
Malisa said…
I don't remember if I told you, but my mother has Multiple Myeloma. She has been in and out of remission for about two years. We made a trip to MD Anderson to test for stem cell transplant, but made the decision not to go ahead with the procedure due to the fact that Mom will be 80 this year. However, she is doing quite well! She can still work circles around me! I am so glad that you are through with your procedure and hope your health returns very soon!
nonamedufus said…
Malisa: I'm glad to hear your mom's doing well. Myeloma can really wear a person down. My transplant was preceded by a new "targeted" radiation program. I was the second person in Canada to undergo such a procedure apparently. And the docs are thrilled with my progress. So, here's hoping we keep the big "C" away for some time.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies