Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Plow

Ha, ha, I love playing around with the title of this post every week.  Anywho, down to business.  My brow was furrowed because we had some great submissions this week.

For example, Moooooog was outstanding in his field with...

It never ceases to amaze me what you can buy at Walmart


Don from Beyond Left Field cropped up with...

Hey dear!?  Get off my Deer!  It's going flat!


And Malisa's corny response got me chuckling with...

Billy Bob really knows how to haul ass!



Special mention goes to Skye for having a comment as big as a barn door...

Now that thar is mai brotha Bubba, and hiz wiyfe (mai Sista) Charlene.  You see that cow's head on the front of the John Deer tracta cum trike?  Well Bubba dun did wrestle that critter to the ground and strangled him dead with his bare hands!  Now that thar cow scull is one fancy trophy, so you be mindin' your p's and q's in regards as to what you say, hear?


But it was Leeuna over at My Mind Wandered...and never came back who planted the winner.  I think she could sell this to the tractor manufacturer as their next marketing motto...

  "Nothing fits her rear like a John Deere."

Congrats, Leeuna, you be hangin' with the dufus!  I'll warm up the tractor and pick you up at 8!



And congrats to everyone else for their high standard of captioning.  I look forward to seeing everyone again next Wednesday for another edition of Pause, Ponder and Pun

Comments

00dozo said…
Hmmm...it's quiet in here today... almost too quiet.

Good choice, dufus! I liked that one too! Congrats to Leeuna.
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: It's very quiet, isn't it. Yeah, Leena's submission had me chuckling.
Donnie said…
Perfect caption for the picture! How true, how true? Congratulations to you Leeuna for that.
nonamedufus said…
Don: Lots of good captions this week but I didn't laugh out loud till (get it? - till - till the soil - ah, ha, ha, ha) I read Leeuna's.
Malisa said…
I think everyone is out celebrating the three day weekend except those of us with no lives! :) Congratulations, Leeuna!
Ziva said…
Perfect choice, dufus! And congrats to Leeuna! Next week I'm going to have to make sure to check in and participate.
nonamedufus said…
Malisa: Or those of us that don't live in the States...and have no lives!
nonamedufus said…
Ziva: Ya gotta be in it to win it!
K A B L O O E Y said…
She nailed it; good job, Leeuna, and good pick, dufus.
nonamedufus said…
Kablooey: Yeah, it certainly worked for me. Glad you agree.
Tgoette said…
Well done, Leeuna! That was priceless! Good choice dufus!
nonamedufus said…
Tgoette: Right on, my friend.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies