Skip to main content

Say What?


Over at Humor Bloggers.com where the funniest and punniest on the interwebs hang out - sort of like an AA for humour bloggers - Frank Lee Mei Dear of I Probably Don't Like You initiated one of my favourite Forum threads: The Humpty Dumpty Word Challenge. As Frank explains: "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty told Alice, "It means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."

Frank challenged other HBDCrs to share in the forum random "Humpty Dumpty" words they've encountered on other folks' blogs when asked to enter a word verification, that jumble of letters required to be re-typed as a security measure, and to come up with our own definition for them.

Frank gave us an example or two to get us started. One was:

"tremotop"n. A hairpiece that has not been properly secured to the scalp.

Okay, you get the idea. Here's a few I've found and their Humpty Dumpty definitions...

...the practice of shampooing, to the point of near addiction. For example, Peggy Lee, who sang "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair" can be said to have practiced prelism. (Prell shampoo)

...nachos that don't move (inertia/nachos)


One who has been taught to be dishonourable; one given an ignobleness lesson.
ie: He was so dishonorable he could probably teach an ignesson.

You've heard of Google? This is the act of searching for change on the internet. 2 choices: "Coingl Search" or I'm Feeeling Lucky"


What an obstetrition does to confirm a woman's pregnancy = an o.b. dab.



These are the folks who enjoy swinging both ways...they're bi-likers!



Two of my favourites on the list include Ettarose from Sanity on Edge's entry:


ABLEO: What a pirate says when asked if he is able.



and an entry from cdmauger at Maugeritaville:


ASHOLE: He's not a complete asshole, but he's getting there.



And you thought humour bloggers had nothing better to do with their time!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those word verifications have always annoyed me before - I will take more notice now!
nonamedufus said…
Eternally Distracted: This is one way to make them less annoying.
nipsy said…
Hahaha... I should start looking at mine better. I'm always so mad when I see an almost word and type in the correct form, then I've got to start all over again..
nonamedufus said…
Nipsy: Yeah, I hate when that happens. Good to see ya around again.
Winky Twinky said…
These were fun...I love word play, I've done a couple of word play things on my blog. I'll have to start writing these down...I actually had a really good one today, but guess I'll just let that be at the start of my list!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies