Thursday, 16 February 2012

Golfing With Dufus



Went golfing yesterday morning with my son. I say golfing but it's really hitting a golf ball into a huge video screen. It's just not the same as the real thing. But with several feet of snow on the ground here, it's the only option...unless I go golfing with a snow shovel.

So the way it works is you get to choose from a number of courses, ranked in order of difficulty. I think I must have accidentally chosen the most difficult course there was. It was called Devil's Island. The name should have been my first clue. I tell you if this course exists in real life I'm never going there. I came away with a score of 140...my worst game ever.

Maybe I lacked the drive.

After missed shots and mulligans I was feeling pretty green.

To my mind this was not a fair way to play golf.

It was downright rough.

In fact, I was so ticked off being around me was a real hazard.

It was as if I had a chip on my shoulder.

But I refused to lie down.

However, the exertion I put into hitting that damn ball just about gave me a stroke.

Well it gave me ten actually, and that was just the first hole.

But I haven't given up on my golf game. Nope. In fact, I'm going back today.

I wonder if there's a course called Birdie Heaven?


11 comments:

Brett Minor said...

The upside is, you didn't have to chase your ball down all day...or look for it in the treeline.

nonamedufus said...

No I knew exactly where it was. In the bloody water! But I redeemed myself today. I shot a 104 this morning. I'm never choosing a course with the word "devil" in it ever again.

meleahrebeccah said...

I love all things golf!

nonamedufus said...

Yeah, me too. No matter how bad my game I love it. Only been at it for the last year, so I'm doing okay for a beginner.

meleahrebeccah said...

:)

Nicky said...

I can't think of a pun to top those. Oh, wait... no, nevermind. You are the master.

nonamedufus said...

Oh, good one. You fell right into my trap. Now I have to pee, gee, eh?

Quirky Loon said...

Well if you would stop pulling out your eyes.. maybe you'd play a better a game! HA! (re: YOUR pause and ponder pic)

nonamedufus said...

hahahaha...Quirks, you're too much. Have I got my eye on you? Putt, of course!

Ziva said...

Don't work too hard, Dufus, too much exercise can leave you feeling pretty handicapped.

nonamedufus said...

I think my problem was with my golf pants. I forgot to iron them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...