Skip to main content

Pause Ponder Pun and Sunshine

What a gorgeous day in the neighbourhood, Mr. Rogers.  It's 28 in the nation's capital.  That's 82 for my American friends.  And the sun is just beating down.  What great weather for the first Saturday of April!  And what better time to tell you that my good friend Cat Lady Larew bestowed a Sunshine Award upon me earlier this week. Isn't that cool?!  Thanks CL.


I'll tell you what else is cool.  The submissions to this week's Pause Ponder and Pun were hilarious.  I tell you it gets harder each week to narrow down these captions to just one winner.

See for yourself.

Ziva came up with a real zinger...

C'mon honey, it's only until death do us part.


Kelly cracked me up with...

I swore I would get married by age 30 no matter what and you...are...it!


Webless 00dozo offered...

"It's not that I can't, I just don't wanna do the 'Chicken Dance'!"


But it was newcomer Malisa who really made me laugh with...



According to the new Health Care Bill, all newlyweds MUST perform warm up exercises prior to the honeymoon to avoid catastrophic medical expenses.

Ha, ha, congrats Malisa.  You be hangin' with the dufus this week.  Good on ya!  And Happy Easter!!!

Thanks to everyone for playing.  See y'all next week.  Hey, and click through and visit these guys' blogs.  Tell 'em you've been hangin' with dufus.


Comments

Ziva said…
Congrats Malisa, that was hilarious!
Me-Me King said…
Wow, Malisa is on a roll! She took a most-honorable mention over at my place today. Congrats Malisa!
Donnie said…
Normally, I would have thought the winning caption to be funny. Unfortunately, it may be true as well. Government at it's finest!
nonamedufus said…
Ziva: I thought so too. Congrats on your honourable mention.
nonamedufus said…
Me-Me: She's hot this week.
nonamedufus said…
Don: That's what made it so funny!
00dozo said…
Congrats Malisa!

Thanks for honorable mention, dufus!
nonamedufus said…
00dozo: Congrats. You came this close to winning it! Good caption.
Leeuna said…
Congrats on the winning caption Malisa. I love the way your mind works.
nonamedufus said…
Leeuna: Wasn't that a good one?
nonamedufus said…
CL: Not bad, huh? Hey, thanks for your Sunshine Award. I'm honoured you would think of me.
Anonymous said…
Congrats to Malisa!! Funny stuff!
Tgoette said…
Congrats Malisa! That was really a good one! Well done!
Jingle said…
beautiful yellow post!
Jingle said…
http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/lets-double-thursday-fun/

hope that you enjoy mine!
Happy Easter!

nice to meet.
Skye said…
Congrats on a job well done Malisa!
nonamedufus said…
Jingle: Um, this was Saturday's post. The "yellow" post was Thursday.
nonamedufus said…
Jingle: Nice pics and haikus!
nonamedufus said…
Skye: Hey, how are things in Manitoba? We've had temps over 80 this weekend! Happy Easter, Skye.
Well, they say preventive medicine is best, I guess. Congrats Malisa!
Skye said…
Happy Easter to you as well Sir. Temps here are reaching the high teens translating into the 40's for those who read English and not Canadian...lol.

Now if I can just get my add a new post page to open fully, I'll be able to put in a post about what I've been doing the last little while. Work aside of course!
nonamedufus said…
Mike: Absolutely. Hope you had a great Easter.
nonamedufus said…
Skye: Not quite as warm where you are. Good luck with your technical problems.
Jingle said…
http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/01/lets-double-thursday-fun/

hope that you enjoy mine!
Happy Easter!

nice to meet.
00dozo said…
Congrats Malisa!

Thanks for honorable mention, dufus!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies