Skip to main content

Photo Blogging Challenge - November

P..J. over at a lil 'hoohaa has outdone himself this month with the November theme of where the streets have no name. I mean really? C'mon, I mean wherever I go all the streets have "noname". They don't call me nonamedufus for nothing. So, like, this month's challenge is a no-brainer for me. Which is probably a good thing because I'm challenged at the best of times.

So here I am (noname, remember) on a street in Old  Montreal. Look at the outline if the house on the side of that building over my shoulder. A house with no name!


Here's another street with noname in Montreal. It's actually rue St Paul Ouest, across the street from Stash Cafe which serves the best Polish food in Montreal.


This street with noname is down the street from where I live. This was the second week of November and it was so cold noname donned a toque. According to that post over my shoulder I'm under surveillance.


Now, enough selfies. Here's where noname starts to get creative. That's my left hand on the steering wheel in the car on the street in my neighbourhood with noname. I had to keep one hand on the steering wheel. The other was holding my camera phone.


And here's my favourite picture of a street with noname. See me? There I am in the rear-view mirror. Lest you think I was being unsafe, taking pictures while driving, the car was actually stopped waiting for the light to change.


This month's challenge was lots of fun for me. I can't wait for future challenges such as where the malls have noname, or where the pool halls have no name, or where the buses have noname... Well, you get the idea.

Comments

Lisa said…
Excellent! Love your take on the theme this month. Your idea was perfect.
nonamedufus said…
With a nom de blog of noname I couldn't resist. Thanks, Lisa.
Tami Von Zalez said…
Yes, it was a challenge geared esp. with you in mind!
nonamedufus said…
It was an opportunity too good to pas up. Glad you liked it.
Paul Myers said…
What a great take on the theme this week. Well done.
nonamedufus said…
As soon as I saw the prompt I knew what I had to do. I'm glad it wasn't I've been to the desert on a horse with no name. That might have been difficult.
I smiled through all of these, just seeing you and your selfies! I remember the first time I realized what the "no name" name was... so funny I missed it for so long.

I love seeing where you live... so different and yet so much the same. Great job!
nonamedufus said…
Maybe next month P.J. can make where the streets have Katherine as a prompt!
Mike Davis said…
Love it! Great take on the theme.
nonamedufus said…
I really didn't see another way to go, Mike.
P.J. said…
Fantastic. This is a great take on this theme. Well done and made me smile. :)
nonamedufus said…
I have you to thank for last month's theme. It was so easy for me.

Popular posts from this blog

My Back Pages - October

Well, folks, I read seven (count 'em) seven books in October. One I didn't finish but even at that I hit the magic number 50 I estimated for myself by the end of the year. The six books I successfully waded through were, firstly, What Happened, Hillary Clinton's book on her bid for the Presidency. I''m a bit of a political junkie so I get off on this stuff but still it kinda struck me as one long whine over losing.
Next up was the excellent Canyon of Dreams: The Magic and Music of Laurel Canyon. Laurel Canyon was the fabled area outside of Los Angeles where many musicians and artists lived. Known as a 60s enclave, the book takes a look at just who lived there over the last 80 years. A fascinating read.
Next up was Lightfoot, a biography of Canadian folk singer Gordon Lightfoot. He may have been responsible for some iconic folk songs but he was also quite the womanizer and boozer. Enough said.
Then I read Dan Brown's new tome Origin, the fifth in the Robert Lan…

Tales From The Supermarket

Bob and Brenda worked in the supermarket. They weren't check-out clerks. And they weren't stock-boys. Brenda sure wasn't. And they weren't employees who worked in the fish section or the deli. No. They were on the shelves.

They hadn't been on the shelves very long but in that short time they'd developed a considerably close friendship.

The chatted all day when the store was busy and at night when the store was closed. They talked about everything. The talked about what raw products they came from. The talked about their manufacturing processes. And they talked about the long routes in semi-trailers that brought them to this store.

Oddly enough the one thing they never made clear to one another was just what product each of them was.

One day when Brenda was commenting on their friendship she told Bob she was grateful for their amity. "Are you Tea?" said Bob, pekoe-ing her way. "I thought I was Tea". You're coffee!"

This week's Tw…