Skip to main content

Photo Challenge - April

Oh my God, it's the end of the month already? Hell I thought there was one more day. That's what happens when your birthday is on the 28th. You're still hung over on the 30th! There, did I make you smile? That's the theme of this month's photo challenge from P.J.

Now, let's see, what made me smile this month?

How about my grandson, Miko, who we took out for breakfast after his hockey game. He has a whole different concept when you ask him to "smile" for a picture.


This is the other side of the Louis-Hippolyte Lafontaine Tunnel in Montreal. It goes under the St. Lawrence River. It's a little disconcerting to see water dripping down throughout the tunnel. It gives Mrs D fits. But she was driving and I was...smiling.


There was just something photogenic about this guy at the Montreal Planetarium. He was smiling. At leafs I think that's a smile. Can you imagine how much toothpaste this guy would have to use. That thought made me smile.


In the middle of this picture is a CD by Brian Wilson called "Smile". There's a bit of a history to this CD. Wilson started work on it in 1966. It was to be the next Beach Boys album after Pet Sounds. Wilson's instability via mental illness and drugs is well known. The project was never completed...until finally in 2004 Wilson got it together, literally, finished the album with the help of Van Dyke Parks and released it. It won a Grammy.


I don't know about you but I like a good horror story from time to time. Things that go bump in the night, monsters under the bed and all that.  Lucky for me my monsters under my bed are happy monsters.


See everybody next month!

Comments

babs (beetle) said…
What is the green stuff in your grandson's mouth? A boy after my own heart and it makes me a tad nervous when I see water trickling down into a tunnel as well as your wife!
nonamedufus said…
It's a slice of watermelon, Babs. I also have a pic of him with an orange slice.


That tunnel was most disconcerting. We went through it twice!
mike said…
Cool photos. I haven't been through that tunnel in YEARS, but now I don't have to. And I'm a sucker for dinosaur skulls. I should pay the new planetarium a visit.
nonamedufus said…
We hit that tunnel on the way to and from Victoriaville for Easter.
ReformingGeek said…
That dinosaur looks like my cat. Well, not quite. The cat doesn't like watermelon and he certainly isn't smiling.

Sigh.

I'm claustrophobic but I love tunnels. Hm.....

Nice job on the photos!
Lisa said…
Your selection definitely made me smile today! I love your grandson's interpretation.
nonamedufus said…
You're cat's dead and all you're left with is its head??
nonamedufus said…
Well at least breakfast was peaceful this way!
Cheryl P. said…
Those are great examples for the prompt. Your grandson has the sweetest face. That picture is too cute for words.
nonamedufus said…
When he and his younger twin brothers get together look out!
Paul Myers said…
I was wondering whether someone was going to post a shot of someone with an orange in their mouth and you did one better and got a slice of watermelon to resemble a smile. Then, I look below and see you've also posted an Orange bonus shot. Well done.
Ha ha ha happy monsters under your bed!!! That dinosaur sure knows how to smile. Bet he had huge dental bills!!!

Miko knows how to smile!!!!
nonamedufus said…
I liked the watermelon shot over the orange shot. My little one is quite a character and a fantastic hockey player!
nonamedufus said…
I couldn't pass up using that dinosaur pic. Amazing, isn't it?
GeoKs said…
Most excellent representations of smiles! That dinosaur is tops, IMHO. And the monster under the bed? A very close second. Way to go!
nonamedufus said…
I kinda liked that monster under the bed. Much better than when I was growing up.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies