Skip to main content

Humour Me


nonamedufus' submission to Humor Bloggers Dot Com's "Humorists Are Artists"


I Want You To Spell Me
(to the tune of I Want You to Want Me by Cheap Trick)

I want you to spell me.
I need you to “u” me.
I'd love you to humour me.
I'm beggin you to spell me.

I want you to spell me.
I need you to “u” me. I'd love you to humour me.
I'll get out the Oxford Dictionary, loan you my glasses.
I'll get home early from work if you spell humour for me.


Didn't i, didn't i, didn't I see you spell?
Oh, didn't i, didn't i, didn't I see you spell?
Feelin all alone without a friend, you know you felt like hell.
Oh, didn't i, didn't i, didn't I see you spell?

I want you to spell me.
I need you to “u” me.
I'd love you to humour me.
I'm beggin you to spell me.
I'll never, ever say “eh”, or eat any more poutine.
I'll get you a Canada Dry if you spell humour correctly

(this is an excerpt from a post yet to appear)

Comments

Quirkyloon said…
Make it a Diet Dr. Pepper instead of Canada Dry and I promise...

I'll spell ya!

hee hee
nonamedufus said…
Quirky: But Dr. Pepper's Ahmuricann. Will you settle for an A&W root beer, neighbo"u"r?
ettarose said…
Truly a top ten must download hit! You are a nut!
nonamedufus said…
Ettarose: "Sometimes you feel like a nut..."
Don said…
Hell, this is better than the original song! I can at least relate to this one... Sweeeet!
VE said…
Ha! Perfect. I can't resist a good song parody (I have an entire section for them on my blog). Of course, the real question now is: Did you spell check this?
CH!CA said…
Pure artistry right there! :)
nonamedufus said…
Don & Chica: Thanks guys

VE: Yep, and everytime it came up without the "u".

Popular posts from this blog

Tales From The Supermarket

Bob and Brenda worked in the supermarket. They weren't check-out clerks. And they weren't stock-boys. Brenda sure wasn't. And they weren't employees who worked in the fish section or the deli. No. They were on the shelves.

They hadn't been on the shelves very long but in that short time they'd developed a considerably close friendship.

The chatted all day when the store was busy and at night when the store was closed. They talked about everything. The talked about what raw products they came from. The talked about their manufacturing processes. And they talked about the long routes in semi-trailers that brought them to this store.

Oddly enough the one thing they never made clear to one another was just what product each of them was.

One day when Brenda was commenting on their friendship she told Bob she was grateful for their amity. "Are you Tea?" said Bob, pekoe-ing her way. "I thought I was Tea". You're coffee!"

This week's Tw…