Skip to main content

Sheesh...I'm It

No, I'm not being immodest. My Blog Buddy Amy Oops tagged me this morning. Those folks over at Humor Bloggers Dot Com are a funny bunch. Here's the premise:


“Your ship has sunk. You have, of course, been stranded on a deserted island. You have salvaged a copy of the King James Version of the Bible and a copy of the complete works of Shakespeare. Nothing else.

“The very next day you find one of those Arabian Lamps in the sand. Of course, you rub it and, of course, a rather grumpy Genie appears.

“‘Let’s get this straight - there is a recession going on. There are restrictions on the three wishes now. I don’t do water or air transport now so no boats, planes or magic carpets. As for electronics, forget it. There isn’t the infrastructure on this island.

“‘I can let you have one book and I mean one VOLUME, one essential item and one luxury item. Now hurry up and make your choices, I have to get to those five other islands you are going to nominate.’”


Amy's choices were:
1.The twilight series
(hey one volume!)
2. A house with a farm
(hmm, okay)
3. My hunky hubby. yeah he has to suffer with me.
(hmm, luxury item, not sure)


Me?

I'm gonna miss my music collection, big screen TV and computer, that's for certain.

Book - Cormac McCarthy's The Road because it's an inspiring story of survival
Essential Item - My wife; yeah, I love her that much to make her suffer with me for eternity
Luxury Item - Life's supply of Bacon and Beer; mmmm, what a way to go!


Five other "islands"?
Nanny Goats in Panties
This Ain't No Effin' Mom Blog
Stuff and Nonsense
Debbie Does Drivel
and
Retro Yakking

Comments

Deb said…
Whoa! I'm "IT"? You mean like Cousin It? The It Girl? It's Alive!! OK. I'll play because I am running out of blogging ideas, the whole world is apparently on vacation this week because not many people are stopping by. Plus, what the hell else will I do on a Friday night?

Thanks NND!

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies