Skip to main content

Exercising My Rights (And My Lefts)

I confess, I'm not the most energetic of people. After all I'm a guy whose Facebook status reads "I'm not lazy. I'm just energy efficient". In fact, few people know but if you look up couch potato in the dictionary it has my picture.


At my house, we're so lazy even my cat is a couch potato.

But I've decided it's high time to do something about it. I've decided to undertake cross-country skiing. And, speaking of which, after our little session this morning, an undertake-r is something I could have really used.

We're quite fortunate where we live. The ski trails are a five-minute walk (more exercise!). But miracle of miracles, I stayed upright the whole time. Putting the skis on was interesting.

"You put your right foot in, you take your right foot out..."

The trail itself was gorgeous, with hardly anyone else out at 9:30 in the morning. Which worked out fine for me. I didn't have to pull over to let faster skiers (read: everyone else) by too often.

And after about 50 minutes of using muscles I never knew I had, but do now, we decided to make for home...
"Hey, wait for me..."

Now, if I only have enough strength left to kick the cat off the couch.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
i genuinely love your own posting way, very useful.
don't give up and keep creating considering the fact that it simply worth to look through it,
looking forward to browse much of your current well written articles, have a pleasant day ;)
Bonnie said…
I think your cat is halarious, my cats sometimes watch TV, when we catch them watching it, we cant believe it! It must be nice to be in the snow, here in Australia its now autumn or fall, but its so hot its hard to sleep at night because I dry up! It sucks and I wanna be cold like you and wear jumpers and stuff, so please consider yourself lucky.
Jayne said…
I would have stayed on the couch and stuck in a DVD of cross-country skiers. Kudos to you.
nonamedufus said…
Nice to see you reading some of my older stuff, Jayne. Don't need a DVD. Actually went 2x last year. Maybe this winter I'll break my own record!
Jayne said…
Twice?! Well, now you're just trying to make me feel bad. ;)
nonamedufus said…
Oh yeah, I'm a lean (sorta) mean skiing machine.
Carpers said…
I would of stayed on the couch more comfortabel and relaxing. Also I enjoy couch scenery such as the TV skybox and any other interesting tehcnical box's lying around. The cat is cool I would love to own a cat like that I would call him greedy the gorilla even though he is cat. I would also like to be the couch potatoe as it reminds me of Wayne Rooney and he is my idol specially when he was dating older women.

Popular posts from this blog

My Back Pages - October

Well, folks, I read seven (count 'em) seven books in October. One I didn't finish but even at that I hit the magic number 50 I estimated for myself by the end of the year. The six books I successfully waded through were, firstly, What Happened, Hillary Clinton's book on her bid for the Presidency. I''m a bit of a political junkie so I get off on this stuff but still it kinda struck me as one long whine over losing.
Next up was the excellent Canyon of Dreams: The Magic and Music of Laurel Canyon. Laurel Canyon was the fabled area outside of Los Angeles where many musicians and artists lived. Known as a 60s enclave, the book takes a look at just who lived there over the last 80 years. A fascinating read.
Next up was Lightfoot, a biography of Canadian folk singer Gordon Lightfoot. He may have been responsible for some iconic folk songs but he was also quite the womanizer and boozer. Enough said.
Then I read Dan Brown's new tome Origin, the fifth in the Robert Lan…

Tales From The Supermarket

Bob and Brenda worked in the supermarket. They weren't check-out clerks. And they weren't stock-boys. Brenda sure wasn't. And they weren't employees who worked in the fish section or the deli. No. They were on the shelves.

They hadn't been on the shelves very long but in that short time they'd developed a considerably close friendship.

The chatted all day when the store was busy and at night when the store was closed. They talked about everything. The talked about what raw products they came from. The talked about their manufacturing processes. And they talked about the long routes in semi-trailers that brought them to this store.

Oddly enough the one thing they never made clear to one another was just what product each of them was.

One day when Brenda was commenting on their friendship she told Bob she was grateful for their amity. "Are you Tea?" said Bob, pekoe-ing her way. "I thought I was Tea". You're coffee!"

This week's Tw…