Skip to main content

Exercising My Rights (And My Lefts)

I confess, I'm not the most energetic of people. After all I'm a guy whose Facebook status reads "I'm not lazy. I'm just energy efficient". In fact, few people know but if you look up couch potato in the dictionary it has my picture.


At my house, we're so lazy even my cat is a couch potato.

But I've decided it's high time to do something about it. I've decided to undertake cross-country skiing. And, speaking of which, after our little session this morning, an undertake-r is something I could have really used.

We're quite fortunate where we live. The ski trails are a five-minute walk (more exercise!). But miracle of miracles, I stayed upright the whole time. Putting the skis on was interesting.

"You put your right foot in, you take your right foot out..."

The trail itself was gorgeous, with hardly anyone else out at 9:30 in the morning. Which worked out fine for me. I didn't have to pull over to let faster skiers (read: everyone else) by too often.

And after about 50 minutes of using muscles I never knew I had, but do now, we decided to make for home...
"Hey, wait for me..."

Now, if I only have enough strength left to kick the cat off the couch.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
i genuinely love your own posting way, very useful.
don't give up and keep creating considering the fact that it simply worth to look through it,
looking forward to browse much of your current well written articles, have a pleasant day ;)
Bonnie said…
I think your cat is halarious, my cats sometimes watch TV, when we catch them watching it, we cant believe it! It must be nice to be in the snow, here in Australia its now autumn or fall, but its so hot its hard to sleep at night because I dry up! It sucks and I wanna be cold like you and wear jumpers and stuff, so please consider yourself lucky.
Jayne said…
I would have stayed on the couch and stuck in a DVD of cross-country skiers. Kudos to you.
nonamedufus said…
Nice to see you reading some of my older stuff, Jayne. Don't need a DVD. Actually went 2x last year. Maybe this winter I'll break my own record!
Jayne said…
Twice?! Well, now you're just trying to make me feel bad. ;)
nonamedufus said…
Oh yeah, I'm a lean (sorta) mean skiing machine.
Carpers said…
I would of stayed on the couch more comfortabel and relaxing. Also I enjoy couch scenery such as the TV skybox and any other interesting tehcnical box's lying around. The cat is cool I would love to own a cat like that I would call him greedy the gorilla even though he is cat. I would also like to be the couch potatoe as it reminds me of Wayne Rooney and he is my idol specially when he was dating older women.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies