Skip to main content

Nodding In Agreement - @Studio30Plus Writing Prompt


Bob and Carol had spent three nights together now... in the office. They were senior officers of the In Your Face ad agency and they'd been putting their heads together on a pitch for a new client. Ted and Alice had tried and failed.

"Ouch" yelled Bob. "What?" cried Alice. "My head hurts from putting our heads together" said Bob. Carol was nodding in agreement. "Oh yeah, well my neck hurts from always nodding in agreement" said Carol. You don't always have to agree" said Bob. "Well the prompt says 'nodding in agreement', right? It doesn't say nodding in disagreement, does it?" "I see your point" said Bob "right at the tip of your head, hah, hah, hah." "O knock it off" said Carol. "We have work to do."

"That's right," said Bob. "But so far we've failed big time" he said sadly, looking to see if Carol was nodding in agreement.

"We need to achieve the level of exposure similar to CS Janey," said Carol. "CS Janey? Who the hell is CS Janey? queried Bob. "You know, CS Janey over at Studio30+," said Corol. "The blogger of the week? Hell, she's so good she's been blogger of the week now for something like 150 weeks!"

"Oh, yeah, right" said Bob, nodding in agreement, "how the hell does she do it?

"Well I don't think she has anything to do with it, actually" said Carol knowingly. "Wait," said Bob. "Did you just say that knowingly?" "Yes I did" said Carol nodding in agreement knowingly. "Well, out with it cried Bob. Are you nodding in agreement knowingly? What do you know that I don't know?

"Well" said Carol "I think the folks over at Studio30+ would be nodding in agreement when I said someone's simply nodded off and forgotten to update the Blogger of the Week feature."

"I think I see where you're going with this" said Bob. "You're saying all we have to do is nod off and maybe our client (italics Bob's) could get 150 weeks of free publicity."

"Exactly" said Carol, nodding in agreement.


Comments

Kenneth Lawson said…
reads like the proverbial tongue twister
Linda Medrano said…
Bob and Carol, okay. But when do they get together with Ted and Alice? This was great, but you just didn't take it too far. Too far is my favorite vacation spot!
Katy B. said…
I thought, "Hey, I know that name." Well, no $Hi+! She's had some exposure for sure. Thanks for the laugh!
ReformingGeek said…
I'm just shaking my head at this one!
nonamedufus said…
It does, doesn't it.
nonamedufus said…
I know that name too. I see it every week when I sign in to get the prompt. I just had to do something with it. Kind of an inside joke for us few remaining participants in the weekly prompt.
nonamedufus said…
Yeah, it's kind of a Studio30+ inside joke. I don't see how you'd ne nodding in agreement at this one.
nonamedufus said…
Well, maybe there'll be a Part Two. You know, something like What Happens When Four Consulting Adults Are Caught Nodding in Agreement.
Tara R. said…
Not sure which Power That Be is in charge of that one...
nonamedufus said…
I'm nodding my head in agreement.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies