Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Percolate


Thank you, my friend. That's quite an endorsement. From the most interesting man in the world to the most interesting caption contest on the interwebs!

So, what have we got this week? Well, I jokingly said our coffee girl was my good blogging buddy Nicky. She tells me, though, she never drinks coffee. So I guess she isn't as flexible as I first thought.

But the rest of our commenters were, submitting a variety of questionable captions. And those are the best kind!


The picture a minute before was stirring in the cream and sugar. It's even more impressive. 
nudge-nudge, wink-wink
Vaguemax



Despite years spent working at the local diner, Janie never could grasp the concept of the bottomless cup of coffee.



This is NOT why your mother told you to wear clean underwear.



One fart or two of sugar...erm, I mean cubes of sugar.


And our winner this week, really made me laugh. Well, of course she did. She even has "laugh" in her name.

Everyman's dream barista!

Way to go, Laughingmom. You really bent over backwards with that effort. You be hangin' with dufus this week. Yes, ma'am. You know I dated a barista once. And when I broke it off, boy, did she ever get steamed. You wanna get together and grab a cup of coffee? No? That's okay. I understand. I'm flexible. Maybe we can find a yoga class instead.

So remember, folks, next week we'll be commenting on a pic my old blogging pal Screaming Me-Me sent, um, me. (I didn't mean "old" in age, Me-Me. I just meant back-in-the-day you and I used to blog together. You know back when they first invented the internet.) Be sure and join us for that.

Oh, and you drive-byers click on these folks' links to visit their blogs. They're pretty funny people.

And remember what the Spanish guy says:


Comments

Laughingmom said…
Thanks dufus! I'd love to join you for yoga or coffee. I just don't want to spread myself too thin!
nonamedufus said…
HaHaHa...that's funny. I think you just won the funniest comment in accepting having the funniest comment. You know that woman in the picture is practicing what to do in case of a nuclear attack, eh? She's
putting her head between her knees and kissing her ass goodbye.
quirkyloon said…
Congrats Laughing Mom! I knew that was a winner! It made me laugh the loudest. And snort a booger or two out. heh heh

Can't wait to see MeMe's pic! Whoo-hoo!
nonamedufus said…
Snort out a booger or two? Keep that kind of thing up Quirky and you can send me a pic of yourself for our little contest. ;)
Irondance said…
20 is the new 69

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies