Skip to main content

Rhinotillexis

Easy for me to say. Right?  Yeah, well, that's because I looked it up. I was sittin' around bored out of my skull, just pickin' my nose the other day… No, really. I was actually picking my nose. C'mon, admit it. You do it too. We all do it. It happens in even the best of families.



Some say what happens in your nose should stay in your nose. But they're lying. They do it too.

So as I was going for gold I was wondering where the hell all that stuff you pick out of your nose comes from. It really builds up, doesn't it? t mean, let's say you didn't pick your nose. Would it grow and grow until it eventually exploded? At the very least we'd have to breathe out of our mouths. We're doing our nose - and our intelligence quotient - a favour by cleaning it out like that every day. Oh, come on, sure I do it every day. Sometimes twice a day.  And I like it. It's gratifying. Hell, at my age it's about all I've got left that's gratifying. By the way the average is about four times a day so I've got a ways to go.

Wikipedia says: "Small particles such as dust, particulate pollutants, and allergens, as well as infectious agents bacteria are caught in the viscous nasal or airway mucus and prevented from entering the system.

I didn't know that. So then if you didn't pick your nose your viscous nasal mucus system could break down.

And what does one do once one has nudged their nose nuggets? I mean apart from exclaim "We've got a winner!" Some people flick it. Others collect it. Others wipe it in a Kleenex. And still others eat it.

Yeah. You read that right. They eat it. Now there are two schools of thought about this. One is that it's beneficial because it helps strengthen the body's immune system. The other of course is the exact opposite; that those nuggets are full of germs and will make you sick.

It makes me sick just thinking about it.

So what's the proper etiquette when it come to discarding your nose pickings?

I'm not sure. All I can say is you can pick your nose and you can pick your friends but you can't wipe them under the couch.






Comments

ReformingGeek said…
Combine it with your ear wax and create "art".



Ew.
nonamedufus said…
Damn, Reffie, I was gonna do ear wax next week.
babs (beetle) said…
I don't pick my nose. I'm a lady. I clean it with a tissue. I don't get too much. My allergy, that gives me permanent sniffles, prevents it from building up, so it only needs cleaning about once a week.
nonamedufus said…
Not even a little pick when no one's looking, Babs?
babs (beetle) said…
That's between me and my finger ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies