Skip to main content

Pause Ponder and Pasture Prime

Okay, it's Saturday and time for this week's results. Here's our pic…


All the cattle are standing' like statues
All the cattle are standing' like statues
They don't turn their heads as they see me ride by
But a little brown maverick is winking' her eye

Well if that's the case it's gonna be a beautiful morning.

Sorry I got carried away there. And that's no bull.

Okay, okay, here's our honourable mentions:

A little hard of hearing, Amy Sue thought her friends said, 
"Amy Sue, you should date a cow, boy!"


…and then she said "Baaaaaaaaa!" Yeah, well she's really a blond.


Pretty good, huh? Yeah, I thought so too.

But our winner knows me too well and went after my peculiar penchant for pithy puns.

No matter how udderly ridiculous she looked, 
Daisy Mae couldn't help milking it for the camera.
She was just bull-headed like that.

Woot, woot Nicky! (What the hell does that really mean anyway? And do people still say that?) You may be pasture prime but the dufus will still let you hang with him.

What do you say we meet in Hawksbury and take a stroll in the meadow. I hear the corn there is as high as an elephant's eye. We can gaze into each other's eyes and get lost in the husks…or the tusks…until the sky turns to dusk and you tell me how much you like my musk. Or not. It's up to you.

Oh, here's your stinking badge…



It's yours… no, no take it.



Yeah, whatever Cheese Lady. Congratulations anyway.

See y'all next week.

Comments

Nicky said…
Woohoo! I won a date with Dufus! But won't Mrs. D mind? No matter... I have more important things to worry about - like what does one wear to a date in a Hawksbury corn field? And do they make high heeled farmer's boots? :-)
Shawn Ohara said…
Nicky really know her bull.
Congrats!
Agent 54 said…
Well done! Actually I'd like medium rare.
nonamedufus said…
Will Mrs D mind? I dunno. I never asked herbivore.
nonamedufus said…
I've got a beef with that, Shawn.
nonamedufus said…
You are a rare one, indeed, 54.
ReformingGeek said…
That was a great caption and I think she's got the slang down patty, er, pat, but has she ever been cow-tipping?



Thanks for the mention!
nonamedufus said…
You know they throw those things, eh? It's called a Cow Chip throwing contest…

http://youtu.be/azfzoDV2j6M
Debra She Who Seeks said…
Hahahahaha, all three are great!
nonamedufus said…
Oh, yeah, everyone was a comedian this week.
Shawn Ohara said…
It's funny, but I am pretty sure I have seen herbivore.
Dang, that was a good one, Nicky! Congratulations!
As for "Woot"... it's obviously taken from my name and means "What the hell, let's party!"
nonamedufus said…
Great minds think alike, I guess. I'd hate for us to be on the horns of a dilemma.
nonamedufus said…
She certainly is outstanding in her field isn't she.
nonamedufus said…
Well I should have said it sooner…and more often. I guess the fall down and go Boom Boom part comes later.
LOTGK said…
The correct position for "Reverse Cowgirl"
meleahrebeccah said…
HA! Congrats to Nicky! That was freaking hysterical!
nonamedufus said…
Mike, Mike, it's Sunday. You're supposed to submit these before Saturday.
nonamedufus said…
That's a picture of Nicky actually. Um, she's the one on the right by the way.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies