Skip to main content

30DM2W III - Day 21


Yes I Made That

Drug kingpin Joe Blow had certainly given me lots to chew on, and I wasn't talking about the two servings of frogs legs he'd feted me with. I was certain Joe had blown Ned Amigo away and my snitch Bird. But apparently not, and for some that might be hard to swallow. For me, though, I seriously doubted that the overweight slimeball ever left the chair in his restaurant.

But I'd put the case aside for a day. I had other things to think about. It was Dylan's birthday and I wanted it to be a very special occasion for her. And, if I played my cards right, at the end of the day it'd be a very special occasion for me, if you get my drift.

I told her she needed to get out of the apartment for awhile, so she arranged to spend several hours shopping with her friend Sara. Dylan had known Sara for some years. She came from the Lowlands and she always struck me as a bit of a sad eyed lady. But I digress.

It was time to go to work. I headed out to the market. I needed the freshest ingredients for my Waldorf salad. Where better to find them than at the Statler market.

Then it was off to the butcher for their best cut of flank steak. Finally, I stopped in at the liquor store where I picked up a couple of bottles of expensive plonk. On the way home I picked up a nice bouquet at the florist. My mission was accomplished. It was time to work my miracle.

She pushed back her chair and looked at me with her baby blue eyes and said "Did you…"

I cut her off "Yes, I made that. Did you like it?

"I loved it babe. I had no idea you were this good out of bed too."

Golly, I thought, she always knows just what to say. I think I'm going to get lucky tonight...and I wasn't  just talking about not having to do the dishes.

Wanna get lucky? Traipse on over to We Work For Cheese and see what my blogging buddies are doing with today's prompt? 


Comments

Cheryl said…
Best line of the challenge: "I had no idea you were this good out of bed too." ::snort::
nonamedufus said…
Maybe I should have used that line with the "liar" prompt.
Nicky said…
So, when are you making that meal for Mrs. D in real life? :-D
nonamedufus said…
You two have been talking, haven't you?
Cheryl said…
Oh hell no. It works so well here.
Linda R. said…
Ah, that's why they call it fiction.
nonamedufus said…
That was my first response but I thought better of it. Thanks, Linda.,
nonamedufus said…
You know this is all made up, right?
frankleemeidere said…
It strikes me that your salad may have been a bit on the bitter or biting side.
ReformingGeek said…
Me thinks you've been getting too much.......to eat.

"USA, USA, USA!"
nonamedufus said…
How so?


http://youtu.be/NpYEJx7PkWE
nonamedufus said…
Me? No. I'm on a diet. Oddly enough I can't seem to lose any weight. Go Canada Go!
frankleemeidere said…
They were truly brilliant.
mikewjattoomanymornings said…
Hah! Nicely done, NoName. Nothing a man likes more than good food than a good woman. And your Dylan song references make me smile. Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands is one of my favorite Dylan tunes, if not my most-favorite.
mikewjattoomanymornings said…
And about you.
nonamedufus said…
If anyone would get that reference I knew it would be you. One of my favourite Dylan tunes too. http://vimeo.com/37021142
nonamedufus said…
Evidently my dear Watson.
Linda Medrano said…
Nicely done, Dufus! You do know how to make a girl have a special birthday. And I'm so pleased your remembered the flowers along with the expensive plonk. (Expensive plonk has a higher alcohol content that the cheap stuff, making it more likely you were going to, uhm, get lucky.
nonamedufus said…
I'll do almost anything to get out of doing the dishes.
Ha ha VERY sweet! I have to go google plonk now! Especially if it makes you good in bed.
nonamedufus said…
One has to be very careful. Too much plonk can have the opposite effect. So I'm told.
nonamedufus said…
Well, he got out of doing the dishes.
You'll do anything to get out of doing the dishes, won't you?

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies