Skip to main content

30M2DW III - Day 9


Dylan

She was a tall, cool glass of water and I thought I'd love to have her slake my thirst - nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

"Hi" she whispered breathily in my direction. "And who might you be, handsome?"

Well she'd already answered her own question but I decided to play along.

"I'm Jack. Jack Gouda, pleased to meet you Miss…?"

"Oh, I'm Dylan. Dylan Thinman."

"How interesting. Named after Dylan Thomas? McDermott? O'Brien? Farrow?"

"No, silly, Bob she moaned. "My parents were hippies. I'm just glad they didn't name me Sunflower or Moonbeam, Microbus or Weed," she giggled.

Wow, good looking and a sense of humour.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry."

"Don't think twice, it's all right."

"So what's the ballad of Ms Thinman, Dylan? Where's a girl like you from?

"The north country."

"And you're here all on your own? No husband or boyfriend?"

"Hey, the times they are a changing'"

"Say those are nice riding boots you've got there."

"Thanks, they're boots of spanish leather."

" Uh-oh, we won't get much riding in today. It's starting to rain."

"Then we'd better find ourselves some shelter from the storm."

"You bet because it looks like a hard rain's gonna fall."

Damn, I thought, now she's got me doing it.

The longer we talked I came to realize she reminded me of a former girlfriend. A serious girlfriend. With whom I'd had a deep and meaningful relationship. I was starting to have visions of Johanna.  

Well one thing led to another. We found ourselves some cover in the barn with all the tired horses and as we started to kiss she whispered "tonight I'll be staying here with you" lustily into my ear.

"Lay lady lay" I said to myself.

And then she added, "You may have thought me to be the shy and reserved type but that ain't me, babe."

And that was the day Dylan became my rainy day woman.

Coincidentally, I ruled her out as a suspect. She didn't have a horse tattoo on her chest. I checked.

While you're waiting for the next instalment of your favourite cheesy Detective Gouda check out the links at We Work For Cheese and see how the rest of those yahoos are coping with today's prompt.




Comments

Of all the gin joints in all the world, Dylan had to walk into Rover's Rump. Lucky you! (I know you were thinking to yourself, all I really wanna to do is get to this Dylan prompt.)
Nicky said…
" She didn't have a horse tattoo on her chest. I checked."
And checked thoroughly, I'm assuming. Great line, Dufus and great job on today's prompt!
MsDarkstar said…
I'm sure the check for the tattoo was thorough and professional, right?
Laughing Mom said…
You sure took this prompt and Ran! Great job!
babs (beetle) said…
This is one prompt I would have enjoyed too. It's the age....sigh ;)
nonamedufus said…
Clever, Paula. Your comment's just like a woman.
nonamedufus said…
All part of my story's exposition. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.
nonamedufus said…
Well it certainly was thorough believe me. It's in my detective nature.
nonamedufus said…
Yes, this prompt gave me something to sing about.
nonamedufus said…
Aw, c'mon Babs. You're forever young. (one of my favourite Dylan songs by the way)
babs (beetle) said…
Oh, me too! I think I mentioned I have that one by Joan Baez :)
nonamedufus said…
I have them singing it as a duet. Those were the days.
Linda R. said…
Very clever and just a tad naughty. You executed your duty most thoroughly.
babs (beetle) said…
They certainly were and I don't think it's looking through rose coloured glasses.
Shawn Ohara said…
She sounds to me like a girl from the north country. But she could be from Mississippi where the water is wide. After the last hurricane I was blowin in the wind like a rolling stone tangled up in blue.
ReformingGeek said…
Haha! That's great! I hope there weren't any fleas in that there barn.
nonamedufus said…
Okay are you making fun of me or trying to show us how smart you are?
nonamedufus said…
Nope, and the rest of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers had disappeared too. Unless they were playing "unplugged" again.
nonamedufus said…
Not at all. I didn't even wear glasses back then.
Shawn Ohara said…
:) Neither really. Just joining in on the fun.
babs (beetle) said…
Ha ha! Me neither, but if I remember correctly, some wore rose tinted lenses in those round glasses the Beatles wore ;)
nonamedufus said…
Or purple. I remember them well. I remember Roger McGuinn of the Byrds, among others, wearing what they called granny glasses down their noses. Oblong, coloured lenses that they would look over.
Linda Medrano said…
You amaze me. That is all.
I assume these are Bob Dylan songs... I hate me some Bob Dylan... and i even saw him live! Well, it isn't hating DYLAN... it is the person who tried to shove Dylan down my throat ha ha ha!
nonamedufus said…
That is all? That's enough. Thank you.
nonamedufus said…
Not everyone goes for Dylan. I've followed him since I was a kid. His lyrics throughout the years have always had an impression on me, not to mention his music. And he's had a significant impact on several genres of music and many musicians.
mikewjattoomanymornings said…
Haha, nice job, my friend! You made me smile with that one, and smiles have been in short supple lately.
mikewjattoomanymornings said…
Dylan, more than the Beatles or any other group, has defined the direction of modern music in his lifetime. I consider him a once-in-a-100 years sort of musician, gifted beyond all reason. Almost superhuman.
nonamedufus said…
What he said. (Thanks for helping me out here, Mike.)
nonamedufus said…
Hey, there, stranger. Good to see you out and about. Glad I could raise your smile quotient.
nonamedufus said…
Thanks, Cheryl. This one was a lot of fun.
meleahrebeccah said…
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nonamedufus said…
Ah, a Dylan fan I see.
P.J. said…
Well, Dufus. Who knew this side of your writing...
nonamedufus said…
Right. If you're listening to Dylan on CD there's only one side but on vinyl of course there's two.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies