Skip to main content

30 Days of Photos - Day 31 TWTMTW - That Was the Month That Was

Thirty-one days ago I and a thousand other bloggers stepped into the breach and fell down the rabbit hole (wow, talk about your mixed metaphors). Funny those weren't themes during this month of madness. At the end of our journey 15 battered and bruised bloggers remained. I was one of them. Here's an overview of my experience with some photos I didn't use during the month.

Craftsman

Dante's sister Ziva and Lactose Intolerant MikeWJ were the brains(?) behind this little exercise. They were the ones that came up with such themes as "shining", "stalker", "bullshit" and "kafkaesque". How the hell did they come up with these impossible prompts? I think I want what they were drinking.

Now, I'm no photographer. Not like some of the participants who never ceased to amaze day after day. And hats off to them. Their pictures were amazing. In a prelude to this little exercise I blogged "Dammit, Jim, I'm a Blogger Not a Photographer", but in the spirit of the blogger best buddy code I and my iPhone consented to participate.

Kafkaesque - or Kafkamasque?

And so for "shining" I posted a pic of Stephen King's The Shining. For Stalker I ran a picture of stalks of lettuce. An empty roll of toilet paper represented "Bullshit" and part of a collection of ball caps demonstrated "Kafkaesque" (capkaesque).

Nails

Unlike others I posted the picture without any explanation. After all this was a photo challenge not a writing one. Others, and you know who you are, chose to post explanatory text to clarify the photo they were using. Apart from a punny statement referring visitors to Ziva's blog for the rest of the pics each day, I left the explaining to the comments.

The City - Old Train Station in Montreal

They say all good things must come to an end. I wouldn't go so far as to say this competition was necessarily a good thing but it's come to an end too.

My Favourite Food - Stash's Polish Restautant - Old Montreal

This challenge was exhausting. A picture a day for 30 days. I must say, though, I thoroughly enjoyed visiting all the participants every day and seeing what they had posted. There are some very funny and talented people out there. And I enjoyed folks visiting me and leaving comments about my photos. We had some really great dialogues, my friends.

My next endeavour?

You might say I'm taking the Seinfeld approach.

30 Days of Nothing.

For more outtakes link up with Ziva's Infernal Inferno.

Comments

Danielle Batog said…
I am glad there is an outtake day....I have too many to sort through...pluse Tuesdays are busy days for me so I didn't have time to pull it all together..but I have so enjoyed everyone elses..love the the craftsman....looks like our garage ;)
nonamedufus said…
The craftsman outtake is my work bench, which is a bit of a misnomer because it's so cluttered I can't really do much work.
Barb said…
noname- it has been great getting to know you! I too am not much of a photographer as my pics can attest to- but it has been fun! Enjoy a well deserved rest! :)
nonamedufus said…
It has been fun, Barb. I enjoyed getting to know folks like you, too. And I've never had more comments than I did over the last month.
Ziva said…
Ohh, that's a lovely photo of the old train station! And Craftsman.. well that just makes me want to tidy up. And maybe cry a little. Awesome work, dufus.. You're not really going to leave us for 30 days are you?
nonamedufus said…
I "shutter" at the thought, Ziva, but maybe.
Indigo Roth said…
Hey Dufus! The Kafkaesque/Fafkamaque pun is abominable. Well played. Indigo
meleahrebeccah said…
ahahahhahahahah! The mask photo is CRACKING me up!
nonamedufus said…
That was on one of my trips to the hospital clinic but my wife and i had terrible colds so donned the masks.
meleahrebeccah said…
Still. Totes funny!
Cheryl said…
You are one of the most courageous and funny men I've had the pleasure to meet on and off the internets. Kafkamasque is fantastic. I hate the reason behind it but love your ability to tip things over on their heads to find the funny.

Mine are finally up because, dammit dufus, I said I'd do it and I'm nothing if my actions don't follow my words. Usually that's straight down the rabbit hole or into the gutter.

http://decksidethoughts.blogspot.com/2012/11/30-days-of-photographs-iii-day-28.html
nonamedufus said…
Hey,listen, you've gotta be able to laugh at this stuff. Otherwise, I'd be a damn mess. Life is what you make it, right?
Cheryl said…
Right. I had friends who couldn't understand why I'd be posting silliness on FB during the nor'easter and Sandy's impending arrival. If I didn't, I'd have gone crazy worrying about things I couldn't change, especially for friends living in the areas that were expected to take a direct hit.
Laughing Mom said…
Love them all! Glad we got to play along together again! When Photos IV comes up, please remind me to be busy that month...
nonamedufus said…
You and me both LM. Loved your keeping up with the puns.
nonamedufus said…
It was a hell of a storm near you, but you've gotta pick up and go on.
Laughing Mom said…
Another 30 days and we are both gluttons for PUNishment.
nonamedufus said…
Oh my God, I have met my equal!
Boom Boom Larew said…
Do I hear a fat lady singing? Can it truly be over?
Boom Boom Larew said…
But seriously... that workbench looks just like mine. Are you and the lovely
Maryse using the mask photo for your holiday cards this year? Or was
that your Halloween costume? This contest took up so much of my time
that I totally ignored the fact that school conferences start on Monday
and I have 14 reports left to write! Yikes! But it was well worth it.
nonamedufus said…
Hard to believe isn't it. It felt like it would go on forever.
nonamedufus said…
We were just getting read for halitosis week.


14 reports? I guess you'll be a tad busy this weekend, Paula.
Laughing Mom said…
No way! But I am truly honoUred.
nonamedufus said…
That was an interesting punultimate comment, LM.

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Funnies

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy!  You know what happens on Imagination D

SuperBowl Ads

Well, the game didn't go my way, but some of the American Super Bowl Ads (found at: http://www.myspace.com/superbowlads ) turned my crank... Diet Pepsi Max Super Bowl Ad: Wake Up People Ginseng & Caffeine Bud Light Wine & Cheese Party Super Bowl Commercial Bridgestone Tire Super Bowl Commercial: Squirrel vs Car Garmin Nuvi Super Bowl Commercial: Napolean Finds His Way w/ GPS Bud Light Super Bowl Ad: Immigrants with Carlos Mencia Planters Nuts Super Bowl Commercial: Woman Attracts Men w/ Nuts Pepsi Stuff Super Bowl Commercial: Justin Timberlake Bud Light Super Bowl Commercial: Cave Man Invents Wheel Coca Cola Super BOwl Commercial: Parade Balloon Victoria's Secret Super Bowl Commercial with Adriana Lima Book: Clapton - The Autobiography by Eric Clapton Music: New Seasons by The Sadies