Skip to main content

30 Days of Photos III - Day 20 Nails


If you don't think I've nailed this hit up Ziva to see the rest of today's pics.

Comments

Pat Kumicich said…
A great way to recycle tin cans. My dad kept nails, screws and the like in tin cans on a shelf over his workbench...
nonamedufus said…
These are pipe tobacco tins. I have more than I know what to do with.
meleahrebeccah said…
Can I please come over and organize that better? OMG. Please!?
nonamedufus said…
Oh, yeah, you're the one to do it!
meleahrebeccah said…
Yippppeeeee! I'll be right over!
nonamedufus said…
Don't forget your label gun.
Boom Boom Larew said…
Since the nails are still in the cans, I'm gonna say you haven't nailed it yet. (I bet those tins leave your nails smelling like tobacco.)
nonamedufus said…
Somehow I inherited the contents of my ex father-in-law's workshop. He's the pipe smoker. And I've never used the contents of these tins. They sit on a shelf in my workshop gathering dust.
Danielle Batog said…
We had the same situation with my FIL...only his favorite can were the coffee cans...it took us years to sort the stuff OUT of our garage!!
Cheryl said…
I love the cans even more than the nails.
Laughing Mom said…
99 buckets of nails on the wall, 99 buckets of nails....
Jamie Baker said…
So organized. Segregated by size and everything. I feel so cluttered.
Barb said…
Those nails look brand new!
ladyV said…
now i know who i can borrow some nails from...
nonamedufus said…
They've been sitting in my basement for years.
nonamedufus said…
Borkum Riff tobacco cans. I wonder if they're worth anything these days.
nonamedufus said…
Yeah, just about.
nonamedufus said…
Not quite as organized as Meleah. I think she's kinda anal.
nonamedufus said…
Yes, when I get depressed I just go down to the basement and stare at the shiny nails. Then I get more depressed over the amount of nails I have.
nonamedufus said…
Hell, I'll give them away.
You nailed it yup yup yup!
MikeWJ said…
I had exactly the same thought.
MikeWJ said…
You smoke a pipe?

Popular posts from this blog

The Polka Dot Door

A long time ago, when I was 22, my first child was born.  That kid grew up on a little Canadian kid's show called Polka Dot Door, produced by the TV Ontario network.  And Dad, more often than not, sat through those shows with his little one. Nine or so years later when a brother, and a year after that when a sister came along number one son was moving on to Knight Rider and The Dukes of Hazzard.  But there was a nice overlap where his siblings picked up where he had left off with Polka Dot Door.  And Dad was right there to welcome them. So you're looking at a Polka Dot Door veteran.  The show began in 1971 and ran to 1993.  I didn't watch the full run but I did get in my fair share.  The formula was pretty simple.  A young male and female host, which seemed to change every week, sang songs, told stories, made crafts and generally did their best stimulate little brains.  The show opened as follows... Imagination Day!  Oh boy! ...

The Dangling Conversation

There's a debate underway in my household between my wife and I. I say "underway" because it hasn't quite reached the "raging" stage. If you want raging, my wife (a Francophone) and I (an Anglophone) from time to time (usually in a weak moment of my own making) slip into our number one discussion around why we don't speak more French at home - ergo - when am I, a former public servant who learned French at the expense of our gracious taxpayers and was technically rated bilingual (even though I hardly used it), going to improve my use of Canada's other language? This one never gets resolved, hence it's ongoing nature. But the current debate is over a remark I casually made the other day. I'm no geek, but with a lot of time on my hands I surf the web, converse on Facebook and such and - I have to admit - "I'm nonamedufus and I'm a Twitterholic". In an epiphany-like moment I was struck by the apparent impact of social networkin...

30 Days of Photos III #4 Sour

Check out Ziva's Inferno for the rest of today's photos.